Fantastic Beasts Fancast

Moderator: Prefects

Prof. Maxim Trevelyan
Nimbus 1000

Fantastic Beasts Fancast

Post by Prof. Maxim Trevelyan »

So, one movie (Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them) is out and another one (Fantastic Beasts: The Crimes of Grindelwald) is coming out somewhere in the near future. With it, the movies bring a delightful cast that springs life into the people of the magical Harry Potter world.

When we were reading Harry Potter books, we had a vision of the character in our minds that might or might not be what was portrayed in later in the movies. For example, I envisioned Gilderoy Lockhart quite differently, though I think Kenneth Branagh did a marvelous job at it. On the other hand, even before I heard about his casting, I thought that Eddie Redmayne would make a wonderful Newt Scamander when I read the synopsis of the movie.

With The Crimes of Grindelwald, we get a lot of new characters, with some already known returning. Here is a small portion of the cast we know so far:

Johnny Depp as Gellert Grindelwald
Zoë Kravitz as Leta Lestrange
Jude Law as Albus Dumbledore
Callum Turner as Theseus Scamander
Brontis Jodorowsky as Nicolas Flamel

I must admit, I am a bit skeptical of Jude Law as Albus Dumbledore, I think he is far too young to play him, but the movie is set in the early 20th century, so why not. I do think that perhaps Gerard Butler would have been a better fit.

Do the actors fit your vision of the character? Who do you think would be a better actor, or as good as, to play one of the characters?
...also a platonic soulmate and a hot mess of a human being.

Tags:
Cody Lewis
Cleansweep One

Re: Fantastic Beasts Fancast

Post by Cody Lewis »

The late Heath Ledger was one of my favorite actors, and although he'd be a little young for the role, I think he would have made a great Gellert Grindelwald.

Not his natural hair color, but he definitely pulled off Grindelwald's token golden locks.

And he could definitely handle being a villain of this magnitude, considering he already played one of the most iconic movie villains of all time...

...and knocked it out of the park.

I'm a fan of Johnny Depp, and I think he'll do a great job with the role, but I think Heath Ledger would have been a little more Grindelwald and a little less Willy Wonka.

Return to “Fantastic Beasts”