Inkheart: Chapters 26-42

Moderator: Book Club Heads

Prof. Tarma Amelia Black
Warp 10000

Inkheart: Chapters 26-42

Post by Prof. Tarma Amelia Black »

Chapters 26-42 of Inkheart will be discussed in this thread.

What are some of the themes that have started to emerge? Share your thoughts below!

Please remember to include spoiler tags where necessary.

Cornelia Funke Author/Illustrator
*Avatar & Siggy by Cheeky XVIx!Cosmo* ... Siggy image by Susan Seddon Boulet *** Avatar from Leverage
"You have the inborn natural right to remain silent. Don't think about it, don't talk about it, shuush ....... STILL." ~ Xaris
Prof. Tarma Amelia Black
Warp 10000

Re: Inkheart: Chapters 26-42

I know I'm posting a bit ahead of schedule, and haven't posted for the second section yet, but I happened to read this today and it, for some reason, threw me for a loop.

Chapter 32
"Interesting," whispered Fenoglio as Basta drove into the parking lot. "Do you know, this village is very like one of the settings I thought up for Inkheart? Well, there's no fortress, but the landscape around is similar, and the age of the village would be around right. ..."
and I read that and ... here I am reading a book titled Inkheart and this guy in the book is named Fenoglio and he wrote the book Inkheart for which this book Inkheart is named.

I found out that spoilers do not cover Quotes (using the Quote thing). Yay for the Preview function .... :unsure:
*Avatar & Siggy by Cheeky XVIx!Cosmo* ... Siggy image by Susan Seddon Boulet *** Avatar from Leverage
"You have the inborn natural right to remain silent. Don't think about it, don't talk about it, shuush ....... STILL." ~ Xaris
Arianna Stonewater
Comet 140

Post by Arianna Stonewater »

Reading about what happens to Dustfinger in the book didn't strike me as much of anything until Meggie spilled the beans to Dustfinger. What a sad way to go, killed by an unnamed character!! But even that was nothing compared to the deep sadness I felt when Elinor returned home. What a heart-wrenching moment that was! :( :( :( :(

After such terrible things including Basta showing up and kidnapping Meggie and the author, its nice to see Farid and Dustfinger practicing with fire, even if its not going well.

I had totally forgotten who Mortola was!!!

I loved Resa in the movie, though it was less obvious who she was than it was in the book (i mean, if Farid notices the resemblance, who else wouldn't??)

Another sad but unsurprising turn for Dustfinger who is clearly desperate to get this book! Why wouldn't he just try to plan with Mo instead of threatening him??

I was excited to see proof Meggie has the silvertongue talent too; if only Basta hadn't seen anything!! The Shadow seemed much scarier in the movie than the book; though i still wouldn't want her to read him out!!

I LOVE LOVE LOVE the Elvish note :wub: :wub:
Prof. Tarma Amelia Black
Warp 10000

Mortola. She so totally isn't in the movie and I didn't know who or what she was but that she was a very unpleasant person and malevolent.

Quite frankly, by the time I got to this section of the book, there was so much going on and I basically didn't want to stop reading to even do a weekly thing for the Book Club here!

The burning of Elinor's books. That is just so sad. Although it is pointed at in the movie, this is somehow even worse. She has escaped, gone home and her home, her books, were desecrated.

Meggie's mother isn't shown so much in the book as in the movie, not such an active participant of the story. I like that, in the movie, the scenario is a different and that Dustfinger wants to go home to be with his family.

The use of Elvish! For a secret code! That is so great. :lol:

So that is my write-up for Chapters 26-42 which is very sketchy I know, but the thing is, the whole story rolled like an avalanche after about the middle of the book for me and it's difficult to separate the parts of it into 'this' and 'that'.

Return to “Book Teasers”