Book Teasers - Hunger Games Discussions

Moderator: Book Club Heads

Prof. Tarma Amelia Black
Warp 10000

Book Teasers - Hunger Games Discussions

Post by Prof. Tarma Amelia Black »

Let's talk Hunger Games! You may choose whichever option you like - or both. B)

1) The tributes in The Hunger Games (as well as in the second book Catching Fire), were dressed in garb reflecting their districts. What was your favorite costume from the different districts?

2) Tributes were allowed to carry tokens into the 'games' field by the organizers. Katniss had her mockingjay pin and Rue had her carved wooden star. What are some other tokens which tributes might have carried into battle with them? You can describe them or post a picture. If you post a picture, please keep the graphic to 600x600 or smaller. In either case, say what it is and why the tribute might have had it with them.

image shows a picture of the token that Katniss carried into the 'games' field. It is a metal circle, within which a mockingjay holds an arrow in its beak. The feathers of the mockingjay wings and tail extend to and 'over' the circle and the arrowhead actually extends out past the edge of the circle.

Reply below! Earn 10 Beans per option. You have until the end of the month to earn your Beans.
*Avatar & Siggy by Cheeky XVIx!Cosmo* ... Siggy image by Susan Seddon Boulet *** Avatar from Leverage
"You have the inborn natural right to remain silent. Don't think about it, don't talk about it, shuush ....... STILL." ~ Xaris
Prof. Tarma Amelia Black
Warp 10000

Re: Book Teasers - Hunger Games Discussions

Post by Prof. Tarma Amelia Black »

Part one:
I mostly liked the whole thing for District 12~ The girl (and boy) on fire. I had read the book and then seen the movie. Somehow the book was more vivid to me, but the movie did it justice! I really really liked that Friesians were pulling the chariots ....

Part two:
I really wondered about this, because the tokens were examined for potential use as weapons. What 'could' be carried in which could be useful in the arena?

I was thinking that maybe a leather wrist-band, ornately braided, might be useful. If that would be felt to be denied, then one of silk, in the favorite colors of the tribute, might be good. If nothing else, it would be a reminder of friendship, that someone cared enough to give a token to carry into battle. But, if it was taken apart, it could be used as a bandage or, depending on how it is made, utilized for 'string' for a line for fishing, or for other things ...
*Avatar & Siggy by Cheeky XVIx!Cosmo* ... Siggy image by Susan Seddon Boulet *** Avatar from Leverage
"You have the inborn natural right to remain silent. Don't think about it, don't talk about it, shuush ....... STILL." ~ Xaris

Return to “Book Teasers”