Book Teasers - Hunger Games Research

Moderator: Book Club Heads

Prof. Tarma Amelia Black
Warp 10000

Book Teasers - Hunger Games Research

Post by Prof. Tarma Amelia Black »

Now is time for some research into The Hunger Games books. What do you know, or can find out, about them? (You are welcome to use knowledge gained from movies to help formulate your write-ups, but please make sure that it's 'canon' - in the books - and not something just from the movies ...) To earn full Beans, your answers need to be at least 100 words long. You may choose to write about either option - or both.

1) Which District would you feel most at home in and/or which one would you feel least at home in?

2) What is your opinion about prequels -- of stories which flesh out the background of an existing series and/or tells us more about the characters of that existing series? You are welcome to use books from other series (such as Wheel of Time), for your discussion, just please remember to tie it into Hunger Games.

Earn 10 Beans for replying below. If you write about both options, you earn Beans for both! You have until the end of the month to earn your Beans.
*Avatar & Siggy by Cheeky XVIx!Cosmo* ... Siggy image by Susan Seddon Boulet *** Avatar from Leverage
"You have the inborn natural right to remain silent. Don't think about it, don't talk about it, shuush ....... STILL." ~ Xaris
Prof. Tarma Amelia Black
Warp 10000

Re: Book Teasers - Hunger Games Research

Post by Prof. Tarma Amelia Black »

1) Which District would you feel most at home in and/or which one would you feel least at home in?

I'd feel least at home in District 1 - the one which supplied Luxury Goods. While I do really appreciate fancy stuff, the whole idea of District 1 seems to be a denial of what is going on in the rest of the districts. Also, District 1 is where they have the Career Tributes. To train all my life to compete in Hunger Games, trained by victors until I'm 18, and then to volunteer at the different Reapings, that just seems 'nope'. What happens to all the folks who are ignored for the volunteering as tribute? All they know, now, would be how to kill others. Maybe they hire out as guards at the Capital. Who knows.
*Avatar & Siggy by Cheeky XVIx!Cosmo* ... Siggy image by Susan Seddon Boulet *** Avatar from Leverage
"You have the inborn natural right to remain silent. Don't think about it, don't talk about it, shuush ....... STILL." ~ Xaris

Return to “Book Teasers”