Which Wizarding World Food Would You Most Like to Try?

Discussions About the Harry Potter World

Moderator: Prefects

Hiya Debnath
Oakshaft 79

Which Wizarding World Food Would You Most Like to Try?

Post by Hiya Debnath »

I am a big foodie and love exploring all sorts of cuisines. I love non-vegetarian foods, dairy and milk products. Personally, in the wizarding world, I was always fascinated by chocolate frogs and cauldron-cakes. The idea of cakes in a cauldron, rather-than cupcakes, is brilliant. However, I also love the wizarding world drink, butterbeer. It's creamy, foamy and delicious, and can be relished either hot or cold. So, no seasonal restrictions.
What are your food favorites? Are you a foodie? Which Wizarding World Food Would You Most Like to Try?
"Happiness can be found, even in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light." - Albus Dumbledore.
Adeline Morior
Oakshaft 79

Re: Which Wizarding World Food Would You Most Like to Try?

Post by Adeline Morior »

I would say butterbeer is the most rated thing I would love to try. I also love chocolate and would love to try the frogs and cauldron cakes, wizards ice-cream and such. :lol:

"Of course it is happening inside your head, Harry, but why on earth should that mean it is not real?" - Albus Dumbledore
Hiya Debnath
Oakshaft 79

Post by Hiya Debnath »

Interesting food choices, Adeline.
"Happiness can be found, even in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light." - Albus Dumbledore.
Prof. Will Lestrange
Shooting Star

Post by Prof. Will Lestrange »

I'm amazed that pumpkin juice is unknown in the American Muggle world given how much American Muggles enjoy pumpkin as a sweet and savoury food - and are even starting to put it in their drinks in the form of pumpkin pie filling!

To be honest, I would love the chocolate stuff a lot because chocolate is delicious though...
Janne Halla
Oakshaft 79

Post by Janne Halla »

I'm really curious about any candy that has some kind of animal imitation spell cast on it. When I'd read the books, I thought the chocolate frog was just chocolate shaped like a frog. I didn't think it was supposed to be 'alive'. It would be curious to see how it behaved while about to be eaten.

In the same vein, I wish I could try a peppermint toad as it supposedly hops in your stomach. And ice mice, but that's mostly because I'm partial to icy, or cold, desserts.
Hiya Debnath
Oakshaft 79

Post by Hiya Debnath »

Professor Lestrange and Janne's food choices are amazing. I certainly like pumpkin pie. Not to mention chocolate serves as a mood-lifter for quite a lot of people and has an anti-dementor effect. I have a secret stash of chocolate frogs too. : D Peppermint toad, aha, though I am only interested in the peppermint here, : P, but that sounds cool.

Return to “Harry Potter Talk”