Who Do You Like Most In The Harry Potter Movies?

Discussions About the Harry Potter World

Moderator: Prefects

Sakura Rose
No broom

Re: Who Do You Like Most In The Harry Potter Movies?

Post by Sakura Rose »

I loved the fact that Harry and Ginny got together in the end. Personally I could tell how harry had felt (even if he did not realize it then) when him and Ron had found out that Ginny had been taken into the chamber.

I'm not sure when everyone else started to realize, but this is when I did.
Marley Chase
No broom

Post by Marley Chase »

I think Hermione is my favourite character because she is smart, helps her friends when they are in need and is always reliable. She is also very brave and outgoing.
Secondly, I feel Harry is also a great person (no doubt, he's the main guy after all) because he's very brave and friendly.
Prof. Maxim Trevelyan
Nimbus 1000

Post by Prof. Maxim Trevelyan »

I think that the villains were much better portrayed in the movies than the heroes. Voldemort, Bellatrix Lestrange, Barty Crouch Jr. and Dolores Umbridge (especially Voldemort and Umbridge) really shone on the big screen and their performances were just chilling, no matter how much screen time they actually had.
...also a platonic soulmate and a hot mess of a human being.
Isa Vestal
No broom

Post by Isa Vestal »

Reading the original responses to this post make me smile. This community and the internet has changed and its fun to look back and reminisce about internet culture in the early 2010s.

Anyways, onto my favorite character :P My favorite, much like a few other people, would probably be Snape. Alan Rickman's performance is spectacular and he has the perfect voice and vibe for the character he plays. As more of a "Harry Potter purist" who dislikes and gets annoyed by the inaccuracies in the movie, it was refreshing to see a character portrayed basically precisely the way in which I expected. Of course, it's impossible to completely accurately make a movie rendition of such long books or correctly cast such a large group of characters but I still enjoyed getting to see Snape cast in a way more canonical to the books.

Pigfarts, Pigfarts, here I come!
Pigfarts, Pigfarts, yum yum yum!
Jasmine Lestrange
No broom

Post by Jasmine Lestrange »

Why is no one saying Malfoy? He is 100% my favorite. His story is not told as much but I feel like he has so much more going on behind the scenes. Harry is a wonderful character but I feel like his story is told so there is not much to wonder about. Malfoy has so much that is untold. I feel like there are so many empty spots in his story. Such as when he tears the random paper out of the book in the 2nd movie and JK Rolling never say what it was, I personally think that it was the answer to what was in the chamber of secrets and he secretly slipped it to Hermione so she would figure it out.
Savanah Sunflower
No broom

Post by Savanah Sunflower »

I like the most Draco Malfoy, because he was a really understood caracter. His pain broke me. He had no friends to talk to. I wish he had a better end!!! :( :( :(
Alondra Gonzalez
No broom

Post by Alondra Gonzalez »

I love Draco the most. A lot of people see him as a bad person but I don't at all. Throughout the movies you can see how badly he wanted to be good and he was stuck in a horrible situation. He felt like he had no choice in the things he did. Especially in the last few movies you can see how he wanted to be on the side of his classmates.
Aireen Kamal
No broom

Post by Aireen Kamal »

Sirius Black! He was such a comfort character and a comedic relief in the movies that he was in. I grew to really love him :))
Prof. Sindor Aloyarc
Comet 140

Post by Prof. Sindor Aloyarc »

Younger Cast top choices would be Hermione and Luna. Adult Cast top choices for me would be Snape and Umbridge. Generally speaking I feel like as much as I loved the younger crew (and many of them really grew into their roles over the years) the entire Adult Cast of the Harry Potter movies is one of the most beautiful pieces of art I’ve ever seen. They really nailed it from top to bottom in my opinion!
Deputy Headmaster | Deputy Head of Ravenclaw
"⁠—Starry, starry night. Paint your palette blue & grey."
Rosie Kim
No broom

Post by Rosie Kim »

My favorite character is probably Draco Malfoy. I belive that he is a good person although he had done quite a few mistakes in the past. Also I believe that there will always be good in people no matter what. In addition to that, I think he is just a product of bad parenting.
Moxie Hallow
No broom

Post by Moxie Hallow »

Aaaaa in the movies It would have to be Luna lovegood !! Evanna lynch did such an amazing performance and ever since I watched the order of the Phoenix fir the first time I’ve been enthralled by her! The way she presents with sun etheryal energy, she reminds me of myself ! My other favourite character would have to be bellatrix, if I had a celebrity crush it would definitely be on her XD, tbh she kind of looks like me so I guess that means I just fancy myself lol :D
Caden Hoover
No broom

Post by Caden Hoover »

I can't just pick one character I liked so I think my favorite characters in the movies would be the twins and Luna. The twins are soooo funny and Luna is so underrated but I feel like she'd be really fun to be friends with.
Dahlila Luddington
No broom

Post by Dahlila Luddington »

My absolute favorite character in the Harry Potter universe would have to be Luna Lovegood. She is just so unique and embarrasses it! In close second is actually Snape. I love the emotion this amazing character has to endure.
Skye Nicholson
No broom

Post by Skye Nicholson »

My fave character is Luna. She is unapologetic about being herself, and I find it refreshing. I just know that if we went to Hogwarts at the same time, we'd be friends. Close seconds are the Weasely twins, as everything they do is amusing and that's the sort of people I somehow find myself surrounded by!
Skylar Peyton
No broom

Post by Skylar Peyton »

My favorite character, I have to say, is Hermione Granger. I like what she stands for. She's very clever, loves her schoolwork (even to the point of getting upset if an exam was cancelled). But even though she's smart and values her school work, she's also very loyal and cares deeply for her friends and will do anything to help them even if it means breaking school rules. She admitted to Harry one time that there are things more important than cleverness, like bravery.

My second favorite character is probably Harry, followed by Ron then Neville and Luna, then Dumbledore. I like some of the quotes that Dumbledore makes, like "it is our choices that show us what we truly are, far more than our abilities".

To sum it up, I pretty much like all the characters.
Evie Figg
Oakshaft 79

Post by Evie Figg »

Although my favourite character overall is McGonagall, the character I like most in the movies is Hagrid. Robbie Coltrane really did a fantastic job in bringing this comforting, loveable characterto life for the big screen. Whenever he speaks, his voice sounds like home. Hagrid guided us through the Leaky Cauldron and Diagon Alley when and audience was introduced to the wizarding world for the first time. He truly is one of the best :wub:
Adeline Morior
Oakshaft 79

Post by Adeline Morior »

In the movies I love, Luna, Lupin, Sirius, Snape, Dumbledore, McGonagall, Hagrid and the twin Weasly's the most. Other characters listed after them.

"Of course it is happening inside your head, Harry, but why on earth should that mean it is not real?" - Albus Dumbledore

Return to “Harry Potter Talk”