Dream Merch?

Discussions About the Harry Potter World

Moderator: Prefects

Prof. Sky Alton
Twigger 90

Dream Merch?

Post by Prof. Sky Alton »

I finally (finally!) got myself to the shop at Platform 9 ¾ last week. It was very hard not to spend all the money in the world in there, I wanted nearly everything so badly.

But with all the merchandise they had, there were still things that I wanted that haven’t been made yet. A proper, custard coloured puffskein plush springs to mind.

But how about you guys, if you could convince the powers that be to create any piece of merch, what would it be?
"Growing up doesn't have to mean I lose the cape, the faith, the dream. I'm so done with that... I'm taking it back."
(Av/sig by S. Elf)
Prof. Maxim Trevelyan
Nimbus 1000

Re: Dream Merch?

Post by Prof. Maxim Trevelyan »

I would love to see something that is also mentioned in the books. A toy snitch or a toy broomstick that can fly around the room!

There is something similar already available, a toy snitch with the illusion of flight, but it still needs some type of help. I am speaking more about a remote controlled toy that you could spin around the room or outside. I know of at least one child and one feisty cat that would just love to play with it. It is also a pretty fun way to play or tire them out.

If the merch already exists, please point me towards it so I can buy. >_>
...also a platonic soulmate and a hot mess of a human being.
Phoenix Hale
No broom

Post by Phoenix Hale »

I would love to have a Pygmy Puff. In the 6th book, it felt like a less scary Furby that could move on it's own. Also I would love to have a miniature Hungarian Horntail or Krum that could move on it's own (from Goblet of Fire), and fit on the palm of my hand. If any of these merch existed as a plushy, that would be awesome as well.
Lucia Dinapoli
No broom

Post by Lucia Dinapoli »

I'm not actually too sure if these are already on the market but I have always LOVED the idea of having Herbology themed merch. Maybe its just the Herbology / Plant nerd in me coming out but I feel like there would be SO much potential for it as well as potentially being super good for the environment!

An example could be seeds or fertilisers packaged and branded as strictly magical brands, edible gillyweed candy like the chocolate frogs and bertie botts bean and of course mandrake plushies would go down a treat too! I actually once made a plant pot out of clay and shaped it like a mandrake which (albeit not perfectly executed by myself) would be so cute for anyone with an indoor (and outdoor) gardening hobby! :)
Iverian Gnash
Cleansweep One

Post by Iverian Gnash »

My sister got me a golden snitch, deathly hallow, and time turner necklace plus a golden snitch bracelet for Christmas (she likes to get everything early :P) so those are my favorite pieces of merch I have *cough* will have soon :lol:

Definitely what Maxim said - a toy broomstick and golden snitch that can fly around the room. Remote-controlled seems the most logical way to do it and there are already so many flying remote-controlled items for sale that it shouldn't be that difficult.

The one thing I'd like to see more is a Ravenclaw shirt with an eagle on it because most of the ones you see have a Raven instead which drives me crazy. They do sell them but they're hard to come by. I'd also like to see a golden snitch mug with the wings of the snitch as the handle. :o
Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible. - Dalai Lama
Tia Ksawer
No broom

Post by Tia Ksawer »

My wishes are a lot more simple, or maybe i'm just not that imaginative. I would like a black Hufflepuff shirt with three-quarter sleeves. Not too fitted. Hot Topic has a really cool Hufflepuff shirt design, but unfortunately, it's a t-shirt and I like to keep my arms covered when possible. I could wear a shell underneath, but I hate layering shirts like that.

Oh, the joys of being (something) of a fashionista...
Emily Catherine
No broom

Post by Emily Catherine »

I would love love LOVE to have a broom that you can actually ride!
Cole Thronheart
No broom

Post by Cole Thronheart »

A wand that you could actually use to like turn your and off your lights, tv, etc… I know Siri and Goggle you can say spells like accio to open and app, Lumos to turn your flash light on, but wands that you can control applications and all that would be pretty cool.
Amy Darvill
Oakshaft 79

Post by Amy Darvill »

Cole, there does appear to be a wand that you can program to do things with a tv, so that might be something you want to look into.

I would like more badger-related jewelry, that's not just necessarily the Hufflepuff badger charm. My sister is a Slytherin and she has a few pieces of snake jewelry from regular shops (aka not fandom related) and I'm a little bummed that badgers are quite as popular of a critter.

In general, though, I do tend to lean towards more subtle/less obvious fandom merch pieces, particularly if it's something I'm wearing.
Aura Nightmoon
No broom

Post by Aura Nightmoon »

Cole Thronheart wrote: Wed Feb 02, 2022 4:11 pm A wand that you could actually use to like turn your and off your lights, tv, etc… I know Siri and Goggle you can say spells like accio to open and app, Lumos to turn your flash light on, but wands that you can control applications and all that would be pretty cool.
This here would be the most amazing thing ever! It would be as if I were really performing spells!
Evie Figg
Oakshaft 79

Post by Evie Figg »

I've never gotten anything online as far as Harry Potter merch goes, however I have found some things in the stores throughout the years...

I have had a Hedwig plush since 2002, and I still have her. I used to have 3 other owls that were a set, but have since lost those ones. Hedwig was the one I made sure not to lose lol!

I also just recently picked up a Hufflepuff scarf that I couldn't wait to wear as the weather gets colder! I have gotten several compliments already :wub:
Adeline Morior
Oakshaft 79

Post by Adeline Morior »

I would love to have any form of stationary such as quills, parchments and even books and diaries. I have wanted a Raven scarf and robes, a wand, the time turner and a broom, but I will be happy to just have the awesome stationaries.

"Of course it is happening inside your head, Harry, but why on earth should that mean it is not real?" - Albus Dumbledore
February Fortescue
Cleansweep One

Post by February Fortescue »

Other than Gilderoy Lockhart's complete writings? :lol: I'm a huge Hedwig fan. I get excited over owls, which is my Animagus form. I also think Occamys are really cool ( and my Patronus is an occamy). Severus Snape figurines, too. An hourglass would be awesome, and a quill. I'd love to bite into a moving chocolate frog (but not a live animal).
superb sig by Prof. Sindor Aloyarc
No matter where you go, there you are.
Hiya Debnath
Oakshaft 79

Post by Hiya Debnath »

I would like a modified version of a remembrall that sounds sirens that only I can hear when I forget something.
"Happiness can be found, even in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light." - Albus Dumbledore.

Return to “Harry Potter Talk”