What would your magical career be?

Discussions About the Harry Potter World

Moderator: Prefects

February Fortescue
Cleansweep One

What would your magical career be?

Post by February Fortescue »

While you're pursuing your magical education, it's never too soon to begin thinking about your future career, right? There are so many paths to choose from! I've heard many magical folk share their interest in becoming Aurors. That's a great choice - we definitely need protection! Others have shared they are considering a career working with magical creatures. I can definitely see the appeal - and with so many to choose from, you can even specialize!

I have two. I'm hoping Madam Pince will take me on as an Assistant. My dream is to work as a Hogwarts Librarian! What could be better than being surrounded all day by books? I honestly can't think of a better career! I would also like to bring muggle mental health counseling into the wizarding world. I am quite wealthy (February is. Muggle me isn't.) and will fund a grant to set up scholarships for talented witches and wizards to attend muggle university to study counseling and then bring their training back to the wizarding world.

What about you? What is your magical career going to be?
superb sig by Prof. Sindor Aloyarc
No matter where you go, there you are.
Prof. Sindor Aloyarc
Comet 140

Re: What would your magical career be?

Post by Prof. Sindor Aloyarc »

My magical career-of-choice: Being a Talk Show Host on the Wizarding Wireless Network.

With my background in the performing/healing arts, I’d love to create a radio show that offers entertainment and community to those within the Wizarding world who are curious about bridging some more of the divide between magic and non-magic people.

If there’s one thing I rarely am, it’s speechless. I love getting to connect with others about the human experience, so I think it’d be enjoyable for me to be able to bring Witches and Wizards, as well as Muggles on as guests to offer a fun/relaxed public outlet for gaining more understanding of our similarities and differences.
Deputy Headmaster | Deputy Head of Ravenclaw
"⁠—Starry, starry night. Paint your palette blue & grey."
Prof. Maxim Trevelyan
Nimbus 1000

Post by Prof. Maxim Trevelyan »

It is a tough pick, but I think I would ultimately teach something, either at Hogwarts or any of the other school or academies. There are no obvious wizarding lawyers in the series (and do not get me started on due process in Wizarding Britain), so teaching it is. I quite love grading and imparting knowledge or those who want it (or have to be there) and it is something that I enjoyed doing as TA at University.
...also a platonic soulmate and a hot mess of a human being.
Cassanndra Mill
No broom

Post by Cassanndra Mill »

my magical career would most definitely to teach astrology at Hogwarts
Ethan Freckelton
No broom

Post by Ethan Freckelton »

I would love to be an Auror.
Heather Morganson
No broom

Post by Heather Morganson »

With all of the interesting magical careers that are out there it would be rather hard for me to choose which one would be perfect for me. In the end, however, I would want to be either an auror so that I could work with Tonks or I would want to take over Defense Against the Dark arts and prove the job is not as jinxed as everybody was led to believe.
Aura Nightmoon
No broom

Post by Aura Nightmoon »

I would be an astronomer and maybe teach astronomy classes on occasion. But I would want to research the celestial bodies in connection with divination and maybe plants based on lunar cycles.
Mia Fountain
Silver Arrow

Post by Mia Fountain »

I think I'd choose to work at Gringotts, but I think my preferred position there as a bookkeeper would likely be taken by a Goblin. Since I'd be unlikely to find work at Gringotts balancing the books I'd likely go work at a store preparing theirs. If that doesn't pan out, I'd choose to work with creatures, I'd likely start working at the Magical Menagerie caring for the cats, rats, toads, and various other creatures until they find new homes.
Janne Halla
Oakshaft 79

Post by Janne Halla »

I'd love to do something with graphic design, maybe photography. I've always flocked to visual art rather than writing, so I think it'd be grand to have a career in that.
Usagi Kohaku
No broom

Post by Usagi Kohaku »

I would love to be a healer, not just for witches, but for magical creatures too ^_^
Kalgri Sicaria
No broom

Post by Kalgri Sicaria »

I think that my dream magical career would be a Cursebreaker - I love ancient history and I think that it would be a fascinating but difficult job. A more down-to-earth career that I think sounds promising (i.e. my backup) would be a job in the Muggle-Worthy Excuse Committee in the Department of Magical Accidents and Catastrophes at the Ministry.
Sam Reaper
No broom

Post by Sam Reaper »

I have thought about this question a lot recently and I think I would have to go with the restoration of magical artifacts.
I'm not sure if there is a department in the ministry for this but I could easily freelance it.
Amy Darvill
Oakshaft 79

Post by Amy Darvill »

If I go a bit more with how I've developed Amy here, I would go into working with potions, maybe specifically working with St.Mungos to fulfill potion needs there. (sort of like a muggle pharmacist, I suppose).

If I go with my real life leanings, I would probably apply to work in one of the kitchens of the pubs we see in the books. I do enjoy working with food and I think working with food and magic together would be an awesome experience.
Katerina Katz
No broom

Post by Katerina Katz »

There are so many careers that wizards and witches can choose and they all have such unique responsibilities. For me I would probably lean towards being a healer, it seems more hands on and deals with a lot of different descriptions. I have always wanted to be a muggle doctor, but being a healer in the wizarding world seems just as exciting and thrilling!
Katerina Katz <3
Serena Jackson
No broom

Post by Serena Jackson »

I would probably be and Auror,but i would like to be a DADA professor too!
Emma Tommie
No broom

Post by Emma Tommie »

I would absolutely love to be a journalist in the Wizarding World. Not necessarily for the Daily Profit, but just somewhere where I can write discussion and opinion pieces on various things in the world. maybe some investigative journalism. I feel like the connections I could make would be invaluable, and it would give me such unique insight. Perhaps a Reeta Skeeter/Xenophilius Lovegood mix!
Adeline Morior
Oakshaft 79

Post by Adeline Morior »

I don't think there is a career that I wouldn't be able to adapt to since I am hard working and dedicated in everything I do. From Magizoologist to Proffessor, librarian, Auror, or even just potioneer. I would enjoy any of these and most likely excel in whatever I do. I can get quite passionate. I love animals, people, teaching kids and working with nature. :ph34r:
:wub:

"Of course it is happening inside your head, Harry, but why on earth should that mean it is not real?" - Albus Dumbledore
Zurawlina Keller
No broom

Post by Zurawlina Keller »

My favourite thing about wizarding world is wands, so I’m sure it would be something connected to it. But on the other hand I don’t really like the idea of making wands (though I’ve never tried it before so who knows ;)) So maybe I’ll be something like wands scientist that discovers new features of wand woods and cores, their connections or something.
Eveline Roona
No broom

Post by Eveline Roona »

I think that personally I would like to be either a professor or an unspeakable. I'm torn between the two. On the one hand, watching students grow and flourish would be extremely rewarding, but on the other hand the Department of Mysteries must have some really interesting things going on and honestly I'm way too curious not to at least try and get a peek as to what goes on in there.
Dyra Black
No broom

Post by Dyra Black »

On the top of my mind, I answered that I wanted to be the healer in Hogwarts, just like Madam Pomfrey. But I realized that I surely lacked the guts for the job. I would definitely pass out seeing all kinds of injuries that are bound to happen within the castle walls. So I think of what I think I would enjoy doing, and that's when it hits me. I wanted to be a journalist! I'm going to make my very own magazine (or newspaper, I haven't decided yet) and become the top journalist whose articles and opinions matter the most to everyone in Wizarding Britain. Who knows, maybe I could learn a thing or two during all my investigations and research that could benefit me ;)

Return to “Harry Potter Talk”