Harry Potter Quiz Show

Discussions About the Harry Potter World

Moderator: Prefects

February Fortescue
Cleansweep One

Harry Potter Quiz Show

Post by February Fortescue »

It's official! Later this year, in celebration of 20 years of our beloved Harry Potter, Warner Brothers and the gang are going to be televising four exciting episodes of Harry Potter quizzes, featuring special guest stars. The fifth night will be a retrospective. The article tells us this is our big chance to finally get to take our O.W.L.s (teehee). Later, there will be information on how to sign up to become a contestant.

click here for the scoop

Are you as excited as I am?
superb sig by Prof. Sindor Aloyarc
No matter where you go, there you are.
Prof. Sindor Aloyarc
Comet 140

Re: Harry Potter Quiz Show

Post by Prof. Sindor Aloyarc »

Oh wow, I had no idea this was a thing. Yay Yay Yaaay!! So incredibly intrigued to see how this turns out. What absolute fun! :D
Deputy Headmaster | Deputy Head of Ravenclaw
"⁠—Starry, starry night. Paint your palette blue & grey."
Prof. Maxim Trevelyan
Nimbus 1000

Post by Prof. Maxim Trevelyan »

I am a little skeptical of this, I have to admit, but it sounds like a great idea. I hope they do the series justice and ask more specific questions and not just your general "What House is Harry Potter in?".

I will try and catch it, if possible, but we will see.
...also a platonic soulmate and a hot mess of a human being.
Prof. Maxim Trevelyan
Nimbus 1000

Post by Prof. Maxim Trevelyan »

We finally have more information on this!

The official title of the show is Harry Potter: Hogwarts Tournament of Houses!

I have to say that my hopes are higher for this show, especially since the host is one of my favorite actresses ever, drumroll...

Helen Mirren!

I have to say that I am quite surprised at the pick (I thought they would go with one of HP cast), but the Dame can adapt to any situation. Who knows, perhaps she is a Potterhead as well?

Some more information:
[It] will be simucast on Cartoon Network and TBS, followed by its premiere on HBO Max later this year.

Featuring hundreds of trivia questions and special guest surprises, this unique competition will also invite fans to play along at home – to see who truly can achieve eternal glory! At the end of it all, a House Cup champion will be revealed.
...also a platonic soulmate and a hot mess of a human being.

Return to “Harry Potter Talk”