Diagon Alley Supplies

Discussions About the Harry Potter World

Moderator: Prefects

Iverian Gnash
Cleansweep One

Diagon Alley Supplies

Post by Iverian Gnash »

With the school year approaching, all young wizards and witches flock to Diagon Alley to gather their school supplies. However, sometimes there’s just too much to remember it all.

Sure, lists are given out, but what about those extra items like the cauldron you cracked or the old textbook you accidentally set fire to that you’ll now need a replacement for? Some students are bound to forget something.

But, what happens when they do? They surely can’t waltz into Hogsmeade by themselves to find it. Do you think most forgotten items come by owl mail or is there another method for forgotten school supplies?
Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible. - Dalai Lama
Emerald Wolvenhowl
Oakshaft 79

Re: Diagon Alley Supplies

Post by Emerald Wolvenhowl »

I think that once a month all students have to set out there supplies in the dorms, in front of their beds. Filch and the house elves then set about checking the students items, making lists of anything needed. Once the owls have delivered the lists to the appropriate shops, Hagrid collects the supplies ready for the elves to distribute them to the students.
Iverian Gnash
Cleansweep One

Post by Iverian Gnash »

If that’s not already implemented, it needs to be! What’s scarier than Filch checking to see if you forgot to pack something? Hagrid would be perfect for that job. I wonder how the students would pay for their supplies. Perhaps it’d be a Hogwarts tab that is automatically deducted from their parents Gringotts’ accounts.
Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible. - Dalai Lama
Astor Arensin
No broom

Post by Astor Arensin »

To me it would make the most sense for the Head of Houses to post a sheet on a bulletin board in the common room for students to write their name as well as what supplies they need replacements for, and the staff will provide any leftover supplies that are found in the castle. Perhaps they write to their parents to purchase them and the staff will pick up the supplies in weekly, or biweekly, trips to Diagon Alley and bring them back to Hogwarts and distribute them then.
Lucia Dinapoli
No broom

Post by Lucia Dinapoli »

Astor’s idea makes a lot of sense. I also think, quite like lots of schools, there would be a lot of equipment stored away. Perhaps the spare equipment would not be the best of quality products, but just so that those with less money/forgetful students aren’t left out of their educational training it only seems fair to keep stock of certain things. This would also help with any accidents that may happen (lost/broken items) if magic can’t be of help.
Nicole Hale
No broom

Post by Nicole Hale »

I think that the staff would make trips to Diagon Alley to gather the things that students need at different times when they are not busy with class. This would be the most efficient thing so that they are not needing to send permission slips home with the students all the time to get filled out to allow them to go themselves.

Return to “Harry Potter Talk”