What Would You Use the Room of Requirement For?

Discussions About the Harry Potter World

Moderator: Prefects

Prof. Maxim Trevelyan
Nimbus 1000

What Would You Use the Room of Requirement For?

Post by Prof. Maxim Trevelyan »

Mostly people stumbles across it when they needs it, sir, but often they never finds it again, for they do not know that it is always there waiting to be called into service, sir.
Ah, the Room of Requirement. Perhaps one of the most magical places in the Wizarding World. First mentioned, though not named, in The Goblet of Fire, then identified in The Order of the Phoenix, this innocuous room, that has the possibility to give you what you are most in need of, has become one of the most pivotal magical places in the Harry Potter series.

It transforms itself into whatever the witch or wizard needs it to be at that moment in time, although there are some limitations pertaining to fundamental laws of magic.

I personally would use the Room of Requirement to stash my candy hoard and perhaps to take a breather in a quirt place from time to time. Maybe a hiding place after a prank would not be remiss.

So, what would you use the Room of Requirement for?
...also a platonic soulmate and a hot mess of a human being.
Avery Hill
No broom

Re: What Would You Use the Room of Requirement For?

Post by Avery Hill »

I would use it as a library and a private reading room where I can spend my whole day in and just read.
Aurelia West
Cleansweep One

Post by Aurelia West »

I think the Room of Requirement would make an excellent library. I'd be very interested to see which tomes it possesses that might not grace the shelves of Hogwarts. I'd probably also be open to using it as a reading room, a place to do homework, and a place to relax. While I do enjoy exploring the castle as often as I can, sometimes it's nice to have a place I can go to be alone for a moment so my brain can take a break.
Lucia Dinapoli
No broom

Post by Lucia Dinapoli »

I would absolutely love to have my own art studio, and the Room of Requirement would be perfect for it! It would hold all of the equipment, materials and space to do all my arty hearts desired works in…if only…
Violet Lake
No broom

Post by Violet Lake »

I definitely would use it as creative space to escape the chaos, somewhere quiet and chill and I can get projects done without distractions.
Zagreus Elderes
No broom

Post by Zagreus Elderes »

I would most likely use it to hide and read, though I wonder if the magic of the room would allow muggle technology to work. Because, if so, I would absolutely be found there, all hours of the day, listening to music and catching up with muggle friends over the internet. I think I'd also ask the room to provide me with a place to write and paint. Just imagine... Unlimited art supplies!
Katherine Laurier
No broom

Post by Katherine Laurier »

Definitely a small, cozy space for studying or reading or just doing anything to have some peace and time alone. Besides that, now that I'm thinking about it, you could make it anything, so maybe a place on Earth I want to go to - imagine Japan or Disney World or something in a room, ahaha. :lol: If only!
Dyra Black
No broom

Post by Dyra Black »

As someone whose social battery depletes very quickly, I would definitely use it as a hideout. I've been living the quiet life of an only child of a working set of parents forever, and I've grown to love the solitude. Moving to Hogwarts, having to share a room with a bunch of other kids, and never seeming to have time to be just by myself would drive me insane. So the Room of Requirement would be my escape from the chaos!
Adeline Morior
Oakshaft 79

Post by Adeline Morior »

The idea of an art studio or library sounds so grand and perfect to use the room for.

"Of course it is happening inside your head, Harry, but why on earth should that mean it is not real?" - Albus Dumbledore
Sedona Skye
No broom

Post by Sedona Skye »

I think for my Room of Requirement I would have it a quiet study place. I would have a very comfy Room of Requirement with a huge library full of whatever book I may want or need. Then I would hope that there is a cozy couch to read on with warm blankets and that it is never too hot or too cold in the room. That would be my ideal.
Evie Figg
Oakshaft 79

Post by Evie Figg »

I'd love it to house all of my magical creatures :wub: I'd love to have a collection of Kneazles!
Hiya Debnath
Oakshaft 79

Post by Hiya Debnath »

I would use it for running secret restaurants or cafés at Hogwarts, where I would serve food and drinks that I cooked myself, or I would use it as a secret hiding place to make a cozy den away from the crowd and live in it.
"Happiness can be found, even in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light." - Albus Dumbledore.
Jupiter Winchester
No broom

Post by Jupiter Winchester »

The ultimate study/library/office. Meaning that it would be the perfect atmosphere with perfect lighting and comfy seating with music playing for me cuz no tech in Hogwarts. With a library for just what need that being I needed for that day, and a little cove with all the paper, quills, and ink i could need. Along with that a small art cove for when I needed a little break.
Wydrin Strum Galvade
No broom

Post by Wydrin Strum Galvade »

Hm, the room of requirement has so many possibilities....But, I would use it as a Relax Zone. Like a safe space for neurodivergent people to go to destress. There will be magical creature stuffies, possibly life size. Pillows and soft blankies everywhere, and all the snacks. And also there would be places for just animagus to be curled up in animal form in soft beds.
Hiya Debnath
Oakshaft 79

Post by Hiya Debnath »

To create a space where I can eat, cook, read books or drink.
"Happiness can be found, even in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light." - Albus Dumbledore.

Return to “Harry Potter Talk”