Characters who remind you of real people?

Discussions About the Harry Potter World

Moderator: Prefects

Evie Figg
Oakshaft 79

Characters who remind you of real people?

Post by Evie Figg »

Of all the beloved characters within the Harry Potter universe, it's almost a given that a few of them are close to our hearts, not only because we love them as a character, but because they remind us of the people in our lives!

For me, Hagrid reminds me very much of my brother, as they are similar in stature and appearance, and have a love of motorcycles and a soft spot for animals!

Is there any character who reminds you of someone you know in real life?
February Fortescue
Cleansweep One

Re: Characters who remind you of real people?

Post by February Fortescue »

As impossible as it sounds, my personality is an odd combination of Hermione and Luna.

My Hermione side loves schedules - both creating and keeping them. I love reading and libraries so much I almost chose Librarian as a career.

My Luna side is very off beat and creative and "weird" at times, and I'm perfectly fine with that. And I'm usually sorted into Ravenclaw.

If I were to play one of the characters in a reboot, I could do Madame Trelawney with ease. I even understand why Hermione makes no sense to her, even though Hermione makes complete sense to me.
superb sig by Prof. Sindor Aloyarc
No matter where you go, there you are.
Artemisia Thorne
No broom

Re: Characters who remind you of real people?

Post by Artemisia Thorne »

My mum is an odd mix of Minerva McGonagall and Luna Lovegood. She's like Luna in appearance and aura, but she has McGonagall's fire and strength all the way. It's a pretty weird combination when I think about it, but it works for her.

My stepdad is more of a Severus Snape / James Potter type. James in appearance, childhood actions, and protection of his family and close friends. Snape in that he will ignore you or simply look down his "abnormally large nose" at you if he disagrees with what you're saying. I guess that's also sort of a weird combination, but it only adds to his charm.

Return to “Harry Potter Talk”