Remembering Prof. Ulol Kimil

General Notices and Discussions

Moderator: Prefects

Prof. Kyrie Adderholt
Nimbus 1000

Remembering Prof. Ulol Kimil

Post by Prof. Kyrie Adderholt »

It grieves the Head Office to announce the passing of one of our Headmaster Emeritus, Prof. Ulol Kimil.

This castle has been a sanctuary of friendship and fantasy for so many who’ve spent time here, affording us all a magic which could never have been grown or maintained without the passions of people like Ulol breathing life into these walls, and encouraging the ever changing staircases of HOL.

From the Mayan Language, u’lol kimil translates into “flower of the death.” A meaning as endearingly bittersweet as the man who wore it.

May we offer up our flowers of farewell to an honorable wizard whose presence we were so fortunate to have been gifted with.

-The Head Office
(Beautiful words by Prof. Sindor Aloyarc)
thank you dear Sin
Emily Spencer
Comet 180

Re: Remembering Prof. Ulol Kimil

Post by Emily Spencer »

Even though Headmaster Ulol was before my time here on HOL, I sense a loss at his passing. May fair winds guide his journey to the heavens and beyond.
“The question isn’t who’s going to let me; it’s who’s going to stop me.”
Head Student/Slytherin Prefect/Student Teacher/Library & Book Club Head
Prof. Will Lestrange
Shooting Star

Post by Prof. Will Lestrange »

I think I was just too late to really appreciate Ulol, though he was Headmaster my first two years at the school.

That said, his spirit and sense of humour lives on - as well as his true sense of magic, which lives on through all of us. I cannot imagine what HOL would have been like without Ulol... and his views of charms may very well have influenced a course or two that I have taught over the year!

His name will always be remembered, and he will very much be missed!
Prof. Tarma Amelia Black
Warp 10000

Post by Prof. Tarma Amelia Black »

Navla, Fluffy Pink Slipper.

You who changed my House and HOL name to different Houses and different names -- and threatened me with sheets with holes in them.

HOGWARTS: Which House Are You?

I was so saddened when Professor Opal told me of your passing on the 22nd.

I posted this, elsewhere ...
Sad.
Navla, Fluffy Pink Slipper. Aka Ulol Kimil , [ ]. Very sad. 😞
Professor Opal told me just now of your passing.

Your love of books was inspirational. Little random things --

You had a map of Neverwhere, and talked of it so much I had to purchase my 20th anniversary copy of the BBC show just to have that map for myself.

Knowing I love "Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die." you sent me the tote bag with Inigo Montoya shown on one side (and words to The Princess Bride covering the whole thing).

Eh. I've got to stop now, getting sad again. But I wanted folks who hadn't met you to have an opportunity to see you a little bit through my memories. You're a very good person. Thank you.
*Avatar & Siggy by Cheeky XVIx!Cosmo* ... Siggy image by Susan Seddon Boulet *** Avatar from Leverage
"You have the inborn natural right to remain silent. Don't think about it, don't talk about it, shuush ....... STILL." ~ Xaris
Emerald Wolvenhowl
Oakshaft 79

Post by Emerald Wolvenhowl »

Unfortunately, I wasn't here at Hol when you were Headmaster, but thank you for all that you contributed to everyone and the rooms, corridors of Hol, for creating so many positive and happy memories for others and for keeping it all going so that other students could arrive after you left as Headmaster.
*Emerald raises her wand*

Return to “The Great Hall”