Security Update

Prof. Sky Alton
Twigger 90

Security Update

Post by Prof. Sky Alton »

As you have probably heard, the investigation has hit a few minor snags and we have yet to apprehend the culprit. We won’t rest until we do. But we still need your help (and another vat of coffee). Hear that, DaKeed? We’re coming for you… Just as soon as I get another double shot latte.

So far, DaKeed has transformed Dario into an armadillo, Ravariel into a mask and Arielle into a black feather. If there are any connections between these items or people, we have yet to discover them. As terrible as this news is, we also have some hope in the form of the clues and taunts the culprit has left behind each time.

I’m sure you’re all busy with your incident boards, notebooks and armadillo dictionaries but I thought I’d offer a few reminders that might help you piece together the mystery:
1. In our experience, clues can point to both the culprit’s identity and the identity of the next victim (and the same clue can do both). In order to work out which aspects of the evidence point to which, we need to work out how the clues relate to the victims. This will help us sift through the evidence and find the bits that betray DaKeed’s true identity.
2. DaKeed is devious: sometimes a bit of evidence means nothing at all.
3. Things might not make sense until another bit of evidence slots into place so don’t be disheartened. Detecting is painstaking work.

The Headmaster is negotiating with the Ministry and a wizarding security company to get a platoon of security trolls down here stat. In the meantime, don’t go anywhere alone, look out for younger students and stick to your common rooms as much as possible. DaKeed is unlikely to be stopped by conventional methods though so we need to think outside the box.

If you have any ideas of creative security measures we could take to keep any more of our students or staff from being tragically transformed, offer them here. With all of us working together, we can’t fail.
"Growing up doesn't have to mean I lose the cape, the faith, the dream. I'm so done with that... I'm taking it back."
(Av/sig by S. Elf)
Arianna Stonewater
Comet 140

Re: Security Update

Post by Arianna Stonewater »

If the budget is large, invisibility cloak for all might help! If we're rather short on galleons, perhaps we can employ more ghosts to wander the Halls?
Gail Allen
Cleansweep One

Post by Gail Allen »

Make sure all students are given a whistle and if they see anything suspecious they are to blow their whistle as loud as possible. Of course this may cause a fair few false alarms but it's better than people being transformed!

Maybe we could also do drills with these and everyone hearing a whistle being blown should come to the aid of the potential victim: at least this way there will be witnesses and that might deter DaKeed.
Prof. Kyrie Adderholt
Nimbus 1000

Post by Prof. Kyrie Adderholt »

Dementors.
thank you dear Sin
Prof. Kendra Givens
Silver Arrow

Post by Prof. Kendra Givens »

I say either travel in pairs/groups or have a very, very loud rock band that no one can be around for very long without going insane.

Or both, why not both?
Vanessa Tilley
Silver Arrow

Post by Vanessa Tilley »

Get several peacocks and put them in places that could be problem areas. Peacocks are pretty amazing at being guard "dogs". Learned from experience and they are very LOUD so you know what direction you need to head to.

Siggy and avatar made by the wonderful Professor Scarlet for Slythmas! :wub:

Return to “The AA Detective Agency”