The HOL Welcome Fair

Moderators: Prof. Sky Alton, Prof. Kendra Givens, Arianna Stonewater, Prof. Rorey Padfoot

Prof. Sky Alton
Twigger 90

The HOL Welcome Fair

Post by Prof. Sky Alton »

Come and explore the HOL Welcome Fair!

You follow the crowds to find the lawn in front of the castle has been transformed into a sea of brightly coloured booths and tents. Here you’ll find stalls set up by everyone from the Houses to the clubs, designed to show you exactly what they have on offer this term. Whether you’re new to HOL and looking for some guidance or an old hand looking for some excitement, we have something for you. Take a stroll around and see what you discover.

Welcome Month takes place throughout September. We’ll be visiting several booths in the first 3 weeks of the fair, with new ones posted on Mondays. They’ll take the form of posts (for you to browse at your own pace) where those in charge of the various areas will get to tell you what events and fun they have planned. You’ll also have the chance to flip through class advertisements and set yourself some goals for the coming school year.

There will also be interactive tasks around the fair for you to try your hand at. These include puzzles, creative tasks and chances to chat and exchange advice with your fellow students. Three new things to do will be released every Monday and are worth 5 house points each (that's a total of 15 points available each week for 4 weeks, 60 points in all). Everything is due at 11:59 PM HOL-Time on 30th September; if you’re not sure what HOL-time is, remember you can always check it on the calendar page

Timeline:
Monday 2nd September: First 3 tasks and house booths go up.
Monday 9th September: Another 3 tasks and department booths go up.
Monday 16th September: 3 more tasks and club booths go up.
Monday 23rd September: Final tasks go up.
Monday 30th September: Everything due and fair finishes.

Accessibility
If you have any accessibility needs that make it difficult to complete a task, just send me a message and we can work together to find an alternative that suits you.

That’s quite enough talking for now. Go and enjoy the fair!
"Growing up doesn't have to mean I lose the cape, the faith, the dream. I'm so done with that... I'm taking it back."
(Av/sig by S. Elf)
Autumn Folchini
No broom

Re: The HOL Welcome Fair

Post by Autumn Folchini »

So cool thx!! :lol: :lol:
Prof. Sky Alton
Twigger 90

Re: The HOL Welcome Fair

Post by Prof. Sky Alton »

Remember you have a few more hours to browse the fair and earn some points. All the tasks are due at 11:59 PM HOL-time tonight!
"Growing up doesn't have to mean I lose the cape, the faith, the dream. I'm so done with that... I'm taking it back."
(Av/sig by S. Elf)

Return to “Welcome Month”