Welcome Fair: Closing Remarks

Moderators: Prof. Sky Alton, Prof. Kendra Givens, Arianna Stonewater, Prof. Rorey Padfoot

Prof. Sky Alton
Twigger 90

Welcome Fair: Closing Remarks

Post by Prof. Sky Alton »

Thank you all for attending this year’s Welcome Fair. It’s been a lot of fun and I’ve absolutely loved looking through your responses to all the prompts, as well as eating your yummy baked goods! We’re winding down now: the stalls are slowly being dismantled and the clean-up crew is assembling. (Speaking of, all those I caught engaged in a prank war, report to me afterwards).

Before we turn our attention to the exciting term ahead that we learned about from the good people at their booths, I have a few things to hand out. This is a list of the people who took part, along with how many points (and beans) they earned. I’ll be awarding things in the near future. In the meantime, if you think something is missing, please just let me know so I can check!

Adaleine Shuster: 25 points (30 beans)
Amy Darvill: 15 points
Anna Snape: 15 points (20 beans)
Anna Westbrook: 60 points (20 beans)
Astor Arensin: 10 points (30 beans)
Beckett Starshadow: (20 beans)
Bella Coupland: 25 points (20 beans)
Brianna Caedmon: 60 points (30 beans)
Brighid Katz: (20 beans)
Bull J. Johnson: 10 points (10 beans)
Emily Spencer: 40 points (30 beans)
Evi Caledon: 25 points (30 beans)
February Fortescue: 60 points (30 beans)
Gail Allen: 60 points (30 beans)
Hannah Goodwill: 5 points
Iverian Gnash: 60 points (30 beans)
Katelin Ross: 25 points
Lora Wallabenger: 10 points (30 beans)
Mae Flowers: 35 points
Maxim Trevelyan: 60 points (30 beans)
Narcissus Delmenia: 5 points
Pezzie Wolfe: 30 points (20 beans)
Polaris Black: 60 points (20 beans)
Prof. Scarlet Leslie-Lewis: 35 points
Prof. Tarma Amelia Black: 60 points (10 beans)
Raevia Ward: 20 points
Romilda Jones: 10 points (20 beans)
Rose Evangilleen: 5 points
Rowena Granger: 5 points
Savannah Foster: 5 points (10 beans)
Serenity Shaffer: 20 points (20 beans)
Twi Ward: 10 points
Vanessa Tilley: 35 points (30 beans)
Will Lestrange: 60 points (30 beans)
Zoe Mitchell: 5 points

A total of 35 (38 if you count my lovely assistant organisers) people attended the fair and joined in!

I’d like to thank everyone from the houses, clubs and departments for taking the time to put their booths together: you made the fair useful as well as fun! Thanks also to Prof. Rorey Padfoot for her sterling efforts (particularly with the lost and found booth), Arianna Stonewater for martialling the house-elves over at the catering tent and Kendra Givens for making the stained glass art installation possible.

A few activities have some life beyond the fair. All of the useful class related resources will be returning to Rorey’s care in the General Class Discussions Board and the HOL Goals Thread will be moving back to its accustomed home in The Great Hall (so keep chipping away at those goals, there’s an award up for grabs at years end!). I’ll be working with Prof. Amy Lupin to put a lot of those testimonials from Task 11 to good use in the future so watch this space!

Thank you all for putting the heart in Welcome Month. I wish you all the very best of luck for the school year ahead! Now, I better go and see if I can lend a hand with the clean-up…
"Growing up doesn't have to mean I lose the cape, the faith, the dream. I'm so done with that... I'm taking it back."
(Av/sig by S. Elf)
Prof. Tarma Amelia Black
Warp 10000

Re: Welcome Fair: Closing Remarks

Post by Prof. Tarma Amelia Black »

Thank you for the fun, Rorey, Arianna, Kendra and Sky!

It was great to see (and be involved in) all the great activities and also to participate with so many other people of HOL Hogwarts.

^_^
*Avatar & Siggy by Cheeky XVIx!Cosmo* ... Siggy image by Susan Seddon Boulet *** Avatar from Leverage
"You have the inborn natural right to remain silent. Don't think about it, don't talk about it, shuush ....... STILL." ~ Xaris
Iverian Gnash
Cleansweep One

Post by Iverian Gnash »

Thank you Sky, Arianna, Rorey, and Kendra for hosting the fair!!! It was a ton of fun and I can't even begin to count how many butterbeers I've had so far :P
Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible. - Dalai Lama
February Fortescue
Cleansweep One

Post by February Fortescue »

Thank you so much, everyone, for all of your hard work hosting such an amazing festival!
superb sig by Prof. Sindor Aloyarc
No matter where you go, there you are.
Vanessa Tilley
Silver Arrow

Post by Vanessa Tilley »

Thank you all for a FUN event!! I really loved this one :)

Siggy and avatar made by the wonderful Professor Scarlet for Slythmas! :wub:
Lora Wallabenger
No broom

Post by Lora Wallabenger »

Thanks so much for this festival , I enjoyed it so much ! Thanks again everyone ! :)

Return to “Welcome Month”