December Prompt: The Mirror of Erised

Moderators: Arianna Stonewater, Prof. Will Lestrange

Prof. Will Lestrange
Shooting Star

December Prompt: The Mirror of Erised

Post by Prof. Will Lestrange »

Noting that the last two month prompts were consecutive chapter titles in the first Harry Potter book, I figured I might do the same thing one more time! The Mirror of Erised is named after the word 'desire' spelled backwards, so your challenge will involve a bit of backwards writing too!

For this month, your task is to write at least 50 words on something you really want, or something you really want to happen. But the twist this month is that each sentence must contain at least one word which spells a different word backwards! (For example, "not" is "ton" backwards and is perfectly fine; however, "dad" is the same backwards and forwards and therefore does not count). The deadline is December 31 at 11:59 PM HOL; completing this prompt will earn you 20 hoots. (Partial credit will be given in the form of 2 hoots for every 5 words up to 50.)
Prof. Tarma Amelia Black
Warp 10000

Re: December Prompt: The Mirror of Erised

Post by Prof. Tarma Amelia Black »

Tap, tap, tap. The wind, with silent paws of stealth, taps on the window pane. I'd really like some sleep when the snow is falling and all is quiet and still. I live in the midst of trees and it's so lovely here. It is a nice place to be and I'd not swap it for a city ever.
*Avatar & Siggy by Cheeky XVIx!Cosmo* ... Siggy image by Susan Seddon Boulet *** Avatar from Leverage
"You have the inborn natural right to remain silent. Don't think about it, don't talk about it, shuush ....... STILL." ~ Xaris
Emily Spencer
Comet 180

Post by Emily Spencer »

I look around the dew covered field and sigh happily. I had stressed the importance of this trip to everyone who would listen, and at last I was here. Now, the trick would be to force myself to leave when my vacation was over in two weeks. Ireland was the home of my heart, and now that I was finally here I dreaded my eventual return to the humdrum of everyday life back in the States. Oh well, no time like the present to take a stab at being a "local"-albeit temporary. Lager time! (101 words)
“The question isn’t who’s going to let me; it’s who’s going to stop me.”
Head Student/Slytherin Prefect/Student Teacher/Library & Book Club Head
Prof. Will Lestrange
Shooting Star

Post by Prof. Will Lestrange »

Everyone involved has earned full HOOTs for this!

Return to “Writing Under Constraint”