April Prompt: April Fools!

Moderators: Arianna Stonewater, Prof. Will Lestrange

Prof. Will Lestrange
Shooting Star

April Prompt: April Fools!

Post by Prof. Will Lestrange »

It's that time again: the start of a new month - known for spring, showers, and... of course... pranks. In fact, two of the most famous pranksters of Hogwarts (Fred and George Weasley) share April 1 birthdays, and this month's challenge will be in their honour!

For this month, your task is to write at least 50 words about some sort of prank, practical joke, or something similar. This month's twist is that in honour of the Weasley twins, each sentence must use a word twice (for example:
"Do you know how to do this?" uses "do" twice). The repeated word may vary from sentence to sentence!

The deadline is April 30 at 11:59 PM HOL; completing this prompt will earn you 20 hoots. (Partial credit will be given in the form of 2 hoots for every 5 words up to 50.)
Aurelia Grayson
No broom

Re: April Prompt: April Fools!

Post by Aurelia Grayson »

Ever wanted to get ahead of the time and get a little bit of payback at the same time? Well, this April is definitely going to be the month for you and this month alone will be filled with fun and frolics alike which I will share with you today. The best 'prank' that I have ever come to make happened a few years ago whilst I was living in the muggle world with my family as at the stroke of midnight I turned all of the clocks in the house forward by seven hours whilst my family were asleep including their mobile phones, and well their reaction to this day is equally priceless.
Prof. Sindor Aloyarc
Comet 140

Post by Prof. Sindor Aloyarc »

I’d set the trap flawlessly, and flawlessly would the trap be executed. Knowing my victim couldn’t possibly be knowing how much this surprise would startle them. As much as I wanted to be staying awake for a showcase such as this, staying awake was exactly out of the question. In fact, the only way this prank would be able to go off without a hitch would be for me to go off to sleep myself. It was as the clock struck 3am and the previously planted bucket of water struck me in bed that I realized how right I’d been: the shock of waking up, cold and wet in the middle of the night was almost as much of a shock as remembering in that moment that I’d done it to myself.
Deputy Headmaster | Deputy Head of Ravenclaw
"⁠—Starry, starry night. Paint your palette blue & grey."
Prof. Tarma Amelia Black
Warp 10000

Post by Prof. Tarma Amelia Black »

Oddly enough, the idea of sending that particular flower to Frank and it being a prank never entered my mind; it was merely a thank you for his participation in the Flower Festival. However, upon reflection, a person who studies the old ways of European communications (and also likes Monty Python), might not appreciate a gift of lupins ..........
*Avatar & Siggy by Cheeky XVIx!Cosmo* ... Siggy image by Susan Seddon Boulet *** Avatar from Leverage
"You have the inborn natural right to remain silent. Don't think about it, don't talk about it, shuush ....... STILL." ~ Xaris
Emily Spencer
Comet 180

Post by Emily Spencer »

April Fool's Day was certainly not my favorite day of the year. I was normally not a practical joker, so it would have come as a surprise to anyone who knew me to learn about what I was planning to do. But my sister had started this when she put itching powder in my Potions ingredients, so the "Great Sister Prank War of 2020" was officially on! Oh don't worry, it won't be anything too mean as I'm simply not usually a mean sort. But my sister loves candy, and I happen to know that Chocoballs are her favorite candy of all. Painstakingly, I took them apart and piped shaving cream in the center instead of the expected clotted cream. I can't wait to see her face when she takes a big bite; I bet she will think twice about trying to fool me again.
“The question isn’t who’s going to let me; it’s who’s going to stop me.”
Head Student/Slytherin Prefect/Student Teacher/Library & Book Club Head
Prof. Will Lestrange
Shooting Star

Post by Prof. Will Lestrange »

Everyone has earned full HOOTs for their story!

Return to “Writing Under Constraint”