January Prompt: From Beginning to End

Moderators: Arianna Stonewater, Prof. Will Lestrange

Prof. Will Lestrange
Shooting Star

January Prompt: From Beginning to End

Post by Prof. Will Lestrange »

Can you believe we're already in 2021? As much as we'd like to move deeper into the year, we have to start the year at the beginning and move through the year, from beginning to end.

Your task this month is to write at least 75 words that reflect the theme of "progress: from beginning to end" or "starting at the beginning". The constraint this month will reflect this by requiring that each sentence must be in alphabetical order, i.e. the words in each sentence must go from beginning to end!

For example: "I was winning yesterday." fits the requirements because "I", "was", "winning", and "yesterday" are in alphabetical order. (Note that each new sentence can begin as early in the alphabet as you want, regardless of how the preceding sentence ended!)

The deadline is January 31 at 11:59 PM HOL; completing this prompt will earn you 25 hoots. (Partial credit will be given in the form of 1 hoot for every 3 words up to 75.)
Prof. Tarma Amelia Black
Warp 10000

Re: January Prompt: From Beginning to End

Post by Prof. Tarma Amelia Black »

A beautiful beginning, bold but clearly cold, delights every face, from grim, growing growls (hiding jackal-like justice), occasioning scintillatingly shiny smiles, theatrically, tremendously triumphantly, unsettling vicious years. Before darkness descended, eons passed. They vanished. Light now shines victoriously. It's 'Progress'? Maybe perhaps. Also it's partly seasonal. However it may occur, rejoicing resounds vibrantly!
*Avatar & Siggy by Cheeky XVIx!Cosmo* ... Siggy image by Susan Seddon Boulet *** Avatar from Leverage
"You have the inborn natural right to remain silent. Don't think about it, don't talk about it, shuush ....... STILL." ~ Xaris
Prof. Will Lestrange
Shooting Star

Re: January Prompt: From Beginning to End

Post by Prof. Will Lestrange »

You have earned 18 Hoots for your story!

Return to “Writing Under Constraint”