May Prompt: From a Different Perspective

Moderators: Arianna Stonewater, Prof. Will Lestrange

Prof. Will Lestrange
Shooting Star

May Prompt: From a Different Perspective

Post by Prof. Will Lestrange »

As we get deeper into the spring, the end is in sight! We're moving into the month of May! You may not realize this, but "May" is the only month-word that remains a word when spelled backwards: then it becomes a "yam".

Your task this month is to write at least 75 words that reflect the theme of "something that looks different from a new perspective". The challenge I'll set for you this time is as follows: either the first or the last word in each of your sentences must become a different word when written backwards. (So, for example, "Now I lay me down to sleep." is fine because "now" backwards is "won". But "I am Superman!" is not because "I" is the same forwards and backwards.)
Make sure to use a different backwards-word for each sentence!

The deadline is May 31 at 11:59 PM HOL; completing this prompt will earn you 25 hoots. (Partial credit will be given in the form of 1 hoot for every 3 words up to 75.)
Prof. Tarma Amelia Black
Warp 10000

Re: May Prompt: From a Different Perspective

Post by Prof. Tarma Amelia Black »

Desserts in the middle of the day seemingly appears to be out of the usual order. But, of what are desserts comprised? Raw foods, in the shape of fruits and some vegetables, can make up a very tasty and enjoyable dessert, as can some items of dairy product, a yogurt perhaps with honey and/or fruit -- and they are entirely appropriate for breakfast or lunch too! Star fruit, a sweet and sour fruit, blueberries, of their various varieties and all delicious, strawberries, infamous for strawberry jam and Gilbert & Sullivan, and apples (no matter raw or baked in a pie or sauced) all have their admirers and, maybe if asked, would say they are appropriate any time of the day!
*Avatar & Siggy by Cheeky XVIx!Cosmo* ... Siggy image by Susan Seddon Boulet *** Avatar from Leverage
"You have the inborn natural right to remain silent. Don't think about it, don't talk about it, shuush ....... STILL." ~ Xaris
Emily Spencer
Comet 180

Post by Emily Spencer »

If you thought that all golf balls were equal; they are not. Don't be duped into thinking about them merely from the appearance of their bland, white shells; god! Time to step outside of the box (or ball in this case) and cut it open. Live a little; what's there to lose?!!

Keep looking and you will see that the insides are all different colors. Sleek blue, red, green, you name it; it's there! Mood shift, am I right?! Step up and take a look at their candy-like appearance for yourself if you don't believe me. Was there ever a more mind-boggling sight?! Probably, but you get the point, Pal. Snap to and learn to look at things differently from now on; it's amazing how ordinary things take on new life.
“The question isn’t who’s going to let me; it’s who’s going to stop me.”
Head Student/Slytherin Prefect/Student Teacher/Library & Book Club Head
Prof. Will Lestrange
Shooting Star

Post by Prof. Will Lestrange »

All participants have earned full HOOTs for the month!

Return to “Writing Under Constraint”