Magical Menagerie - Creature Care

Prof. Tarma Amelia Black
Warp 10000

Magical Menagerie - Creature Care

Post by Prof. Tarma Amelia Black »

Ms. Fulbright wants to know that her creatures are well taken care of when they leave her place.

Your task is to create a Pet Care Pamphlet for one of the creatures in her shop, Magical Menagerie. Be sure to include in the Pamphlet the name of the creature and physical description, what it needs for shelter and food and any special needs and requirements it might have,

Post your Pamphlet below as an image and/or description. If it is a graphic (maximum size 600x600), please describe what is in it. If you choose to write a Pamphlet, it needs to be a minimum of 150 words.

Post your creation below by 17th of August and earn 5 House points. You are welcome to submit more than one creation to help your team, but you only receive house points for the first one.
*Avatar & Siggy by Cheeky XVIx!Cosmo* ... Siggy image by Susan Seddon Boulet *** Avatar from Leverage
"You have the inborn natural right to remain silent. Don't think about it, don't talk about it, shuush ....... STILL." ~ Xaris
Lorainia Riverrider
Oakshaft 79

Re: Magical Menagerie - Creature Care

Post by Lorainia Riverrider »

Pamphlet fold in half. Front page is a picture of a custard colored Puffskein. Above picture in bright pink letters the title: So you have bought a Puffskein, now what? Under picture text says: probably have many questions about how to care for your new Puffskein but this pamphlet will answer those questions. Then you unfold the pamphlet. On the left side at top is picture of a Puffskein being cuddled. Under picture is description of Puffskein: A Puffskein is a small furry magical beast. It has very soft custard or yellow colored fur. Puffskeins like to be cuddled of thrown about like a ball. Right side list things that Puffskein will need: Puffskeins are scavengers in the wild. Their favorite snack is wizard boogies which they use their long tongue to get while wizards sleep. As pets Puffskein's are easy to care for. They can be fed leftovers or insects found inside or outside the home. They enjoy being cuddled and will hum when they are content.
Thank you Ivey for my siggy and avatar!

Alone we can do so little. Together we can do so much. -Helen Keller
Carrie Warts
No broom

Post by Carrie Warts »

How to take care of it and how to feed and clean them :D and now I want one hahaha <3

For full size click here.

PS: Thank you Tarma for helping me fix the picture size and quality <3 *hugs*
Last edited by Carrie Warts on Wed Aug 05, 2020 9:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Thank you Ivey for my lovely first Siggy <3
Prof. Will Lestrange
Shooting Star

Post by Prof. Will Lestrange »

The pamphlet I have in mind is about the Fire Crab. The front of the pamphlet would contain an image of a Fire Crab, complete with jewelled shell, along with a warning that no one without a license should attempt to take the creature as a pet, and another warning to keep Fire Crabs away from Muggles and Wizards who would want the Fire Crab's shells for their own purposes: Muggles would want the jewels in the shells and Wizards might want to use the shells for cauldrons!

Inside the pamphlet would be more images of the Fire Crab showing its six legs, the jeweled shell, and flames coming out of its rear end (Fire Crabs often shoot out flames like this). There would be an explanation about how Fire Crabs are usually kept in cages and giving details about how to clean out such cages. Finally there would be more warnings: specifying that it is best to position yourself in front of a Fire Crab instead of behind it - because that way you can avoid the flames shot from the crab's rear end!
Prof. Kendra Givens
Silver Arrow

Post by Prof. Kendra Givens »

My pamphlet is a trifold about kneazles. I describe what a kneazle is, how to tame one if it gets aggressive toward someone, what they eat, how to care for their health, and how someone can qualify to own one.

Click here for a larger image.
Mia Fountain
Silver Arrow

Post by Mia Fountain »

This pamphlet is a tri-folded pamphlet detailing how to care for your new Streeler.

On the front is a picture of a Streeler with a purple shell.

What is a Streeler?

A Streeler is a highly venomous Giant Snail, native to Africa, that leaves a poisonous trail of slime. Part of what make the Streeler a popular pet is that it's shell changes colour every hour. It also has sharp spikes on it's shell which can be used to inject venom.

How to house your Streeler?

It is recommended that you house your Streeler in a large terrarium, suitable for a creature it's size. The bottom of the terrarium should be covered with 1 to 2 inches of soil. The terrarium should be misted every few days, so the Streeler doesn't dry out.

What to feed a Streeler?

Streelers eat a variety of fruits, vegetables, and leaves.

Handling a Streeler

Thick protective gloves should be worn while handling a Streeler to prevent it from poisoning you with it's spikes.

Other

It's poison can be collected to sell or use to get rid of Horklumps.
Lorainia Riverrider
Oakshaft 79

Post by Lorainia Riverrider »

Image is four page pamphlet. Purple background and white around edge. First page have Crup pictue curled in ball, sit down and stand. Second picture is Crup sit with dog toys. Last Picture person hold Crup so see fork tail.
Last edited by Lorainia Riverrider on Wed Aug 12, 2020 1:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
Thank you Ivey for my siggy and avatar!

Alone we can do so little. Together we can do so much. -Helen Keller
Carrie Warts
No broom

Post by Carrie Warts »

I wanted to make another Pet Care Pamphlet this time for the Augurey.
I have the Augurey picture as a background and wrote:
"You got yourself an Augurey, here's some important info.
Augureys belong to the Phoenix family - they are also called Irish Phoenix - but don't confuse them, they are not as strong, powerful or elegant as those creatures.
Now, don't take it the wrong way either, these are incredible creatures tho very shy.
-They only fly in heavy rain and feeds on fairies and large insects.
-It is believe that they can foretell death.
-They have the ability to forecast the weather.
-Their nests are made of vines and thorns and have the shape of a tear
-Their feathers repel ink so don't use them as quills
Special thanks to Professor Ryan Granger because I used my knowledge and notes I took from the Care of Magical Creatures class."

:D
Thank you Ivey for my lovely first Siggy <3
February Fortescue
Cleansweep One

Post by February Fortescue »

Transforming Rabbit

The pamphlet has 3 folds. It is light green (because rabbits eat grass) with black font. On the front cover, it has a magical moving photo of a Transforming Rabbit, going from its rabbit form to its top hat form and back again.

Congratulations! You've chosen a wonderful pet! We at Magical Menagerie love them so much, there's a rabbit under a constantly moving top hat on the head of the image of one of our store owners, just outside our shop!

This creature is a large white rabbit, and can change into a black, silk top hat at will, making a noisy popping sound while doing so.

We recommend keeping your rabbit in an enclosed space of some sort. If you don't, not only are you in danger of losing your new friend, but you may accidentally leave your home while wearing him on your head because you think he's a hat! I also would not keep him near your sleeping quarters. Rabbits have a sense of humor, and love to transform and go POP, just as you're falling asleep.

You'll want to feed your new friend grass or hay. That's all they eat.

One last tip: you may want to keep your Transforming Rabbit away from muggles, especially Magicians. The rabbit reminds them of the Magician's trick of "pulling a rabbit out of a hat" and they can't resist them. Many a wizarding folk has lost their fur friend to muggle Magicians.
superb sig by Prof. Sindor Aloyarc
No matter where you go, there you are.
Prof. Maxim Trevelyan
Nimbus 1000

Post by Prof. Maxim Trevelyan »

The pamphlet is light brown in color with dark brown lettering. Front page of the pamphlet has an inky sketch of a tall tree with bowtruckles hanging in it, with the title in capital letters: Bowtruckles – the whys, dos and don'ts.

First page is titled 'What is a Bowtruckle?'. It has a general desctription of the bowtruckle, which goes as such: ''Bowtruckle is a very shy magical creature that looks like a stick with eyes, made from bark and leaves. It is a generally very peaceful creature that eats insects of all kinds.'' There is a superimposed image of a bowtuckle under the lettering.

Second page is titled 'Shelter and food' and goes: ''Bowtruckle lives in its Home Tree, usually one that gives wand woods. Make sure that the tree gets every nutritious thing it needs to grow, though never cut or otherwise harm it as the bowtruckle can attack you with its sharp fingers. If you need to cut parts of the tree to keep it alive (or get the wood for a wand), placate the bowtruckle with an offering of woodlice, which is its favorite food.' There are small insects sketched around the page with a big bowl of woodlice underneath the text.

Third, and last, page is titled 'Special Consideration' and only has two sentences: ''To keep a bowtruckle near your home is an incredible privilege. Do not abuse it.''
...also a platonic soulmate and a hot mess of a human being.
Prof. Rorey Padfoot
Cleansweep Three

Post by Prof. Rorey Padfoot »

So, you want to learn to care for your Kneazle!

First off the best kneazle made for pets are ones that are only half-kneazle. Full kneazles are rated XXX by the M.O.M. and tend to be larger and more to handle. Kneazles have large ears and speckled fur. Just like their sister species cats, kneazles have separate breads and appearances. They can be inbreed with regular cats and there are certain breeders one should go that are qualified to be a magical creatures breeder of these animals. You are in luck though; Magical Menagerie is registered eller of half-kneazles, so buy with confidence!

Personality

Kneazles are highly intelligent animals and tend to be very independent, but when provoked or if they do not trust a person they can be aggressive. Kneazles make amazing safety guards though and will guard their owner’s personal belongings.

Care:
Kneazles tend to eat what they like, so definitely ask the previous owner what they have been feeding and if they know of something the kneazle doesn’t like. They also like to sleep on couches or any surface that is comfy and cozy, so make sure that have a good spot to lay.

*Owners need a license to own a full blood kneazle!
~Prof. Rorey Padfoot~*~Ravenclaw~

Return to “Diagon Dealings”