Module #4 - "MANIFESTATIONS" - Fall 2020

Class led by Prof. Sindor Aloyarc

Moderator: Prof. Sindor Aloyarc

Prof. Sindor Aloyarc
Comet 140

Module #4 - "MANIFESTATIONS" - Fall 2020

Post by Prof. Sindor Aloyarc »

Welcome to the Module 04 "Manifestations" thread! Write some kind of a Short Story or Poem that revolves around this month's Power ("Scroll-and-a-Half" / 150 words). Let those creative juices flow! In addition to submitting via e-mail, you are encouraged to post these publicly here. While this will not effect your points, it will encourage interactions by providing additional options for people to to connect on, particularly for those who take part in the "Mingling" portion of this month's exercises if they enjoy or relate to your work and choose to talk about something you've shared.
Deputy Headmaster | Deputy Head of Ravenclaw
"⁠—Starry, starry night. Paint your palette blue & grey."
Prof. Tarma Amelia Black
Warp 10000

Re: Module #4 - MANIFESTATIONS - Fall 2020

Post by Prof. Tarma Amelia Black »

The Angel of Light and the Angel of Dark, balanced and combined into a whole, living, conscious being is not just one person but is the potential of what every person can be.
Susan knew this, internally, but she also felt that she was too much of one and not enough of another. She came across the dying dog and knew that the part of her, Angel of Dark, was strong and she could 'gift' this wounded and dying dog with a blessing of death, to return to The Holy and have a chance of another go-round of beingness. Thing is, what did the dog want? So she asked the dog 'what is your choice?' and the dog replied she wasn't done with being with her person, but had somehow got separated from him and was on her way back to him and got hurt. That was tough, to Susan; she'd almost hoped that the dog would say that she was willing to go on - enjoy the fields of another level of beingness and come back again in a dog (or other) body sometime.
Her Angel of Light aspect, though ... it was strong. Stronger than the Angel of Dark actually but was it enough to bring the dog back? Heal the dog's body and do the rest?
"Heidi! HEIDI!" Susan heard the words and then a young boy, all scruffy and dirty, skidded to the dog's side. "Heidi." he wept, cradling the dog in his arms.
The love, the desire, the sheer choice of this young boy, blazed out of him. It blazed out of the dog. The light of their love, so strong. Susan, tears rolling down her face, chose to do what some say is impossible. She merged with the two, and the blinding light of the three of them, combined, was so bright, so incandescent -- and direct from the Dark from which all Light Comes.
Heidi stood up, shook as if shaking off water. The boy wiped his tears, smiling shakily. "Thank you" he said to Susan. Susan shook her head. "Thank Heidi. She was the one who connected us. She's the one who healed me."
Heidi panted a dog grin and looked at Susan. Susan, feeling of her internal self, and feeling the balanced and whole Angel of Dark and Angel of Light in a synthesis of joy, of self, grinned back.
"Thanks, Heidi."
She laughed a bit, thinking of hubris and things like that. Maybe, just maybe, she'd get a dog (or a dog would get her). She felt ready for a different kind of challenge.
*Avatar & Siggy by Cheeky XVIx!Cosmo* ... Siggy image by Susan Seddon Boulet *** Avatar from Leverage
"You have the inborn natural right to remain silent. Don't think about it, don't talk about it, shuush ....... STILL." ~ Xaris
February Fortescue
Cleansweep One

Re: Module #4 - MANIFESTATIONS - Fall 2020

Post by February Fortescue »

"Colleen was my best friend! We did everything together! And now she won't even speak to me. Wait - I have an idea! Her boyfriend likes me. I can tell. I bet if I drop a few hints, he'll ask me out. That will show HER. "

Cynda understood how her niece felt. She had lost a best friend before, too. It hurt - no doubt about it. And she couldn't think of a single thing to say that would take the pain away. Still, she wanted to try to help her niece.

"Molly, I know you're hurting and you miss Colleen. The fact that you miss her so much shows just how much cared about her and valued your friendship. Love and loss are two sides of the same coin. Often, the amount of pain you feel when you lose someone is equal to the amount of love you felt for that person. Those thoughts of revenge keep you from grieving the loss and allowing yourself to feel the pain. They allow you to hold on to a relationship with Colleen, even though she's made it clear she no longer wants to be your friend. They serve no other purpose. Cry, do whatever you need to do to heal, and then move forward with your life. You deserve it! We're only here for a flicker. Life is too short to be stuck in a cycle as ugly and harmful as revenge."

Molly thought about what Cynda had said for a moment, and then shrugged. "Love and loss are two sides of the same coin, huh? Well, besides, you know what they say: "Living well is the best revenge." Great advice! Thanks, Aunt Cynda!"
superb sig by Prof. Sindor Aloyarc
No matter where you go, there you are.

Return to “Muggle Studies: Hidden Powers”