Bonus - "MIRROR MINGLING" - Spring 2021

Class led by Prof. Sindor Aloyarc

Moderator: Prof. Sindor Aloyarc

Prof. Sindor Aloyarc
Comet 140

Bonus - "MIRROR MINGLING" - Spring 2021

Post by Prof. Sindor Aloyarc »

Welcome to the Bonus "Mingling" thread! This is about getting to interact with one another as classmates, particularly about themes from this past semester and your corresponding class work if that speaks to you. Those who post their Mirror Monologue or Manifestation may provide helpful prompts for discussion points. While you're welcome to mingle as much as you like, each of your first three 50+ word posts you will receive 5 points and/or 10 beans. When submitting your work, please let me know if you've posted once, twice, or three (or more) times so I can confirm participation. As a fun option, you may choose to Role-Play these interactions though are not required to. If you do, please take a look at this RPGuidelines page for some helpful tips.

These points are SUPPLEMENTAL. While they can be used toward the 150 point minimum for a passing grade and Quill requirements, I am UNABLE to award you more than 300 points in a single term even if you've earned them. Beans on the other hand are up for grabs by anyone!

Sindor sits quietly in the empty Muggle Studies classroom.

It’s been quite a year.

Such a surreal experience, looking back on the moment of returning to HOL last spring and up to now, meeting each new person along the way. Completing his first year teaching as a Professor. That classic feeling like it all began only yesterday, while simultaneously also lifetimes ago. Has it really only been a little over a year?

Desks are lined up in rows along one side for those taking their exam. A set of plum colored beanbags tossed about the other side for those who would prefer to socialize a little or take some time to relax and meditate.

Noise canceling headphones are offered next to some quills, parchment, and ink at the front of the room.

As members mill in for the final time this semester, Professor Aloyarc touches base with Carrie then helps distribute materials together, greeting everybody as they arrive.

“So,” Sin says, taking in the vibe of the group. “How’s everyone doing as we wind down the school year heading into summer? Any reflections you feel comfortable voicing, or intentions you’d like to share for what’s to come over the upcoming season(s)?”
Deputy Headmaster | Deputy Head of Ravenclaw
"⁠—Starry, starry night. Paint your palette blue & grey."
Prof. Will Lestrange
Shooting Star

Re: Bonus - "MIRROR MINGLING" - Spring 2021

Post by Prof. Will Lestrange »

Seeing that he is currently fourteen words shy of the target length on the exam (with one power to go), Will decides that now would be a great time to move over to the beanbag chairs to take a break. "To be honest, I'm kind of jealous of the tasty hot chocolate that last term's students got," he begins, "it may be nearly summer but a good warming drink would feel great right about now! For now, I need to think about completing my own first year as a professor... in many ways it doesn't feel that different from my last student year, though!"
Carrie Warts
No broom

Post by Carrie Warts »

Carrie looks around the room with a sense of nostalgia... She sees how Prof. Aloyarc's mind goes back and forth on what this year has been and she looks at him proud for his teaching position and everything he has accomplished so far. Carrie takes a deep breath and hands out the materials while thinking to herself "man... what a year..." while nodding and a little smirk appears on her face "such a rollercoaster but it all turned out amazingly".
Carrie hears Will as he mentions last year students getting hot chocolate so she turns to Sindor with a guilty type of look in her eyes and says: "well... it was supposed to be a surprise, but since you mention it... Revelio".
On the front table, lots of chocolate, crackers, snacks of many sorts appear. Alongside many drinks start showing as well. There's tea, coffee, hot chocolate, soda pop, butterbeer, and pretty much anything you can find in the Great Hall it's been displayed in the classroom. "I hope you don't mind Sin..." - says Carrie while approaching him slowly and with a bit of fear - "but I thought maybe some food could help with the exam...". From behind her, she pulls out with one hand a Butterbeer with bright gold-ish color and with the other hand she pulls out a little plate with mini muffins and other biscuits and offers it to him along with a big smile. She then goes to get the same for her. "Please! Help yourselves!"
Thank you Ivey for my lovely first Siggy <3
Prof. Sindor Aloyarc
Comet 140

“I feel ya there, Will!” Sin nods along.

He claps his hands together gleefully as Miss Warts reveals her surprise, “Aw, I’m so happy you have, Carrie!” He treats himself to the refreshments whole heartedly. “I’ve been quite preoccupied, comparatively speaking. It’s nice to have a second set of eyes and hands on the matter!”

The Muggle Studies Professor unscrews a thermos of dark chocolate cocoa, pours himself a mug mixed half with coffee, then tops it with whipped cream. “‘A disturbing amount!’ my muggle mom used to always say when she’d order one in the shops.” She’s a plucky and vibrant, nurturing sort of soul whose almost as beautiful outside as she is inside {though some would argue it’s a tough call to choose in either direction}, which one can only imagine after raising and home schooling five children. “If there’s anything for sure, you don’t wanna come between her and her whipped topping!”
Prof. Will Lestrange
Shooting Star

Will observes Carrie's surprise and smiles. Seeing Sindor make exactly the type of drink Will would choose for himself, Will follows Sindor's lead and makes an identical concoction of dark hot chocolate and coffee, topped with whipped cream. With one sip, he now knows exactly how to conclude - or more precisely, how to begin his final exam. Moving over to his desk to complete his parchment, he realizes he has something to say: "This course has taught me a surprising amount about myself." He continues, "Looking through my assignments and referring to them to complete this final exam paper makes me realize how much progress I've made towards my goals with respect to truly understanding my own physical body and mind - and while I still have a ways to go, I feel like I'm on the right track towards getting there."
Prof. Sindor Aloyarc
Comet 140

“That warms my heart to hear, Will!” Sin says, beaming over at Prof. Lestrange. “Unless that’s just the beverages,” he chuckles. “In truth, my favorite part of teaching this class over the past year has been getting to look back together over the end of term examination and hearing people’s reflections.”
Prof. Will Lestrange
Shooting Star

Having finished with the exam, Will takes into account what Sindor had just said and moves back sit down on a particularly comfortable beanbag, picking up a Butterbeer and some chocolate along the way. "It's hard to imagine that your - and my - first year as a professor here is almost done! To be fair, it's been hard to get completely out of 'student mode', but is there really that much different between a 7th Year Prefect/Student Teacher and a new Professor?" Sipping the Butterbeer slowly to savour the taste, Will continues, "Even with the reflections for this course, it's hard to imagine anything ahead. Even with my Divination and Arithmancy skills, this past year was not really anything I could predict - either in the Muggle or Wizarding world: do you remember the influx of short-term visitors to the school in the middle of autumn, for example? I just hope that all the surprises up ahead are more favourable!"

Return to “Muggle Studies: Hidden Powers”