Modules #2/#6 - "MEMORIES & MANIFESTATIONS" - Fall 2021

Class led by Prof. Sindor Aloyarc

Moderator: Prof. Sindor Aloyarc

Prof. Sindor Aloyarc
Comet 140

Modules #2/#6 - "MEMORIES & MANIFESTATIONS" - Fall 2021

Post by Prof. Sindor Aloyarc »

Welcome to the Module 02 and Module 06 "Media & Manifestations" thread!

("Scroll-and-a-Half" / 150 words)

Module 02: (Manifestations - MS:HP I)
Write some kind of a Short Story or Poem that revolves around this month's Power. Let those creative juices flow!

Module 06: (Memories - MS:HP II)
Write about any memory (whether real and/or from the perspective of your HOL persona) which revolves around this month’s Power.

In addition to submitting via e-mail, you’re encouraged to post these publicly here. While this will not effect your points, it will encourage interactions by providing additional options for people to connect on, particularly for those who take part in the “Mixing & Mingling” portion of this month’s exercises if they enjoy or relate to your work and choose to talk about something you’ve shared.
Deputy Headmaster | Deputy Head of Ravenclaw
"⁠—Starry, starry night. Paint your palette blue & grey."
Prof. Will Lestrange
Shooting Star

Re: Modules #2/#6 - "MEMORIES & MANIFESTATIONS" - Fall 2021

Post by Prof. Will Lestrange »

[OUT OF CHARACTER... after all, there are much better ways to travel as a wizard than by Muggle automobile!]
One summer evening four years ago, I was involved in a Muggle automobile crash. I emerged unharmed, but it shattered the world view I had held for so long nevertheless.

My general view on how the world handled me was something like this: "Sure, sometimes I have a much harder time taking in information than others do. But I can power through with my ambition, determination, and raw brainpower... I can power through nearly everything and find workarounds for those few things I can't."

But that July evening, trying to go to my hotel after day's work, I was guided to take a left turn from a local street onto a highway with very poor visibility... and a car came out of nowhere to slam into my own car (finally totalling the poor Volvo). This incident, paired with a very similar crash eleven months earlier, finally made it clear that there are certain difficulties that I CANNOT power through without help.

Granted, I didn't have to drive to get by in general (I'm lucky enough to live near public transportation and have tons of stuff to walk to!) but not having that as an option would have made my life a lot harder. After reflecting on these accidents, though, I made a plan - by the end of the summer - to begin investigating my actual issues with visual, auditory, and general sensory processing (which I had suspected were issues for a long time - though my first guess was that depth perception was my main problem). Once I made that decision, it led me through a long sequence of therapists who helped me work through various aspects of sensory processing (the hardest part was that there was no one silver bullet for everything!) And while that journey is still far from complete, it took less than a year before I reached the point where driving was no longer an issue...

Touching back to the power of wisdom? I think that having to reconfigure my entire worldview, as well as acting on that change to continue living my life... has to fit in!
Silvana Mandeville
Silver Arrow

Re: Modules #2/#6 - "MEMORIES & MANIFESTATIONS" - Fall 2021

Post by Silvana Mandeville »

The dark sky became their friend. Doe eyes blinked. Staring into the darkness, for a mark of the gleam. Gleam of hope that their desire to come into life.

The loyal needles continue to wheel by their path. Unhurriedly, but surely, those hopeful eyes knew the gleam would arise soon. Grant colors into their eyes and life.

Hope is not lost.

Return to “Muggle Studies: Hidden Powers”