Modules #1/#5 - “MANIFESTATIONS” - Spring 2022

Class led by Prof. Sindor Aloyarc

Moderator: Prof. Sindor Aloyarc

Prof. Sindor Aloyarc
Comet 140

Modules #1/#5 - “MANIFESTATIONS” - Spring 2022

Post by Prof. Sindor Aloyarc »

Welcome to the Module 01 and Module 05 “Manifestations" thread!

("Scroll-and-a-Half" / 150 words)

Write some kind of a Short Story or Poem, or share a Memory that revolves around this month's Power. Let those creative juices flow!

In addition to submitting via e-mail, you’re encouraged to post these publicly here. While this will not effect your points, it will encourage interactions by providing additional options for people to connect on, particularly for those who take part in the “Mingling” portion of this month’s exercises if they enjoy or relate to your work and choose to talk about something you’ve shared.
Deputy Headmaster | Deputy Head of Ravenclaw
"⁠—Starry, starry night. Paint your palette blue & grey."
Violet Sutton
No broom

Re: Modules #1/#5 - “MANIFESTATIONS” - Spring 2022

Post by Violet Sutton »

Submission in Manifestation for Module 1: (Short Story)

Once there was an enjoyable family living together. They never had enough money to buy a new coat for the father, to buy a new earring for the mother, and neither to gift the child a slab of chocolate weekly. All they had was love, living inside a small hut located on a boundary of a dark forest. They never cried for money, and they never wanted to cheat anyone for money. They were satisfied with the strong bond that appeared between the few members of the family. They didn't want to work so hard, instead, they wanted to feel the life, despite not having anything to make them physically comfortable. They carried the power of dedication and hard work within them. They worked when they can, but not always. They taught their child the best qualities of the world, not through words but through habits. They only could earn something to eat per day, not anything to waste on decorations or large constructions. The parents were not knowledgeable in the real sense of the word, but they were rather intelligent. They knew many things of the world, which a very knowledgeable philosopher would never know. They knew how to live in the world, and how to feel the life, which a very successful business would never understand. Above all their powers, they carried one special power within their exemplary lives, the power called faith. They never cried hopelessly to earn more and more money, and they never begged, lying on the road, near the foot of a Dictator. They had faith within themselves, which is something many people didn't have.

It was a normal day for the family. The mother was trying to please the crying child who was suffering from hunger. The father had gone outside the hut to find something to eat. He could not find any job to engage in. As he was returning to the hut with a tiring face, something unusual had appeared on the petals of the rose tree that was planted next to the hut. It shone, the father curiously picked it up and observed. He only spent a few seconds realizing what it really was, and as he was running towards the hut holding it in his hand, another copy of that appeared again. As this poor man was picking each of them, another one was following. That made him puzzled too much, but he satisfied himself that it was just a daydream, but the matter in his hand was real. They were golden coins! The power of faith the poor man had owned was really transformed in terms of thoughts to a gift, which doesn't worth at least a quatar of the man's dedication. The queen of life is fair, and fairness is the rule she had on the top of her golden rules.
Louis Walles
Moontrimmer

Post by Louis Walles »

I decided to share a memory of this month that I consider to be important and it links to this month's power.

When I was doing my assignments and sitting my exam in January, I was absolutely terrified. It is my second year in University and this is the moment when everything becomes way more difficult and overcomplicated (for no reason whatsoever). I didn't believe I am going to pass anything. I was just too confused about all of the assignments and the exam turned to be rather complicated as well.

At the beginning of this month I have received my grades. To my great surprised, I passed everything and with rather high results! Because of this whole thing, I learnt this month that I should start to have more faith in myself and my own abilities. I am going to work rather hard on this aspect in the upcoming months!
"He who fights too long against the dragons becomes a dragon himself; and if you gaze too long into the abyss, the abyss will gaze into you" ~ Nietzsche
Prof. Tarma Amelia Black
Warp 10000

Post by Prof. Tarma Amelia Black »

I was looking for quotes about Peace, and found it an odd thing. Evidently the concept 'peace' has different meanings for different people. Some say it is extrinsic, that it is brought to a person by some external source. Others say that peace is an intrinsic part of a person, and that it can deepen for your entire lifetime, if you keep choosing it instead of strife. Then there are those who experience peace in both ways.

Of all the quotes I found, I like these two a lot: “Do not let the behavior of others destroy your inner peace.” by the Dalai Lama and “Nobody can bring you peace but yourself.” from Ralph Waldo Emerson. Both appear to point out that peace is within you, and (perhaps oddly) that it is a natural part of your beingness. This puzzled me a bit, then I realize, well, when I'm feeling a bit agitated, and my 'peace meter' is seemingly out of whack, that being with Taya, my dog, or with the plants or being outside in Nature, helps me to restore the balance within and realize, ah, there it is. Still. Quiet. :) Peace.
*Avatar & Siggy by Cheeky XVIx!Cosmo* ... Siggy image by Susan Seddon Boulet *** Avatar from Leverage
"You have the inborn natural right to remain silent. Don't think about it, don't talk about it, shuush ....... STILL." ~ Xaris

Return to “Muggle Studies: Hidden Powers”