H.O.L. Quidditch New and Improved

Discussion About Classes and Projects at HOL
Jessica Barnes
No broom

H.O.L. Quidditch New and Improved

Post by Jessica Barnes »

So I'm working on Assignment 3 "Quaffle Play" and I am having a hard time understand the writing for extra credit. Is anyone else taking that course and can help me? Thank you
Hockey is life!
Prof. Will Lestrange
Shooting Star

Re: H.O.L. Quidditch New and Improved

Post by Prof. Will Lestrange »

The writing prompt is not intended to be particularly tricky! The idea is that you are supposed to write a short story (at least 150 words) about Quidditch, focusing on the Quaffle game (which is, essentially, "anything in a Quidditch match that does not involve the pursuit of the Golden Snitch"). Further, you have essentially free rein to choose whatever type of Quaffle rules you want:
-you can use the Quidditch rules covered by the Harry Potter books where the game is played by witches and wizards
-you can use the Quidditch rules featured here at HOL
-you can use the Quidditch rules from the game known as "Muggle Quidditch" (the Wikipedia summary, along with an alternative name for the game, is found [url=https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quidditch ... ife_sport)]HERE/url])
-you can use Quidditch rules from a different online community (I myself am very familiar with several sets of such rules)
-you can make up Quidditch rules if you feel that suits you better
As long as what you end up with is at least 150 words and is centered on the Quaffle portion of a Quidditch match, it will get full credit!
Jessica Barnes wrote: Wed Sep 13, 2023 6:22 pm So I'm working on Assignment 3 "Quaffle Play" and I am having a hard time understand the writing for extra credit. Is anyone else taking that course and can help me? Thank you
Jessica Barnes
No broom

Re: H.O.L. Quidditch New and Improved

Post by Jessica Barnes »

Thank you
Prof. Will Lestrange wrote: Wed Sep 13, 2023 6:30 pm The writing prompt is not intended to be particularly tricky! The idea is that you are supposed to write a short story (at least 150 words) about Quidditch, focusing on the Quaffle game (which is, essentially, "anything in a Quidditch match that does not involve the pursuit of the Golden Snitch"). Further, you have essentially free rein to choose whatever type of Quaffle rules you want:
-you can use the Quidditch rules covered by the Harry Potter books where the game is played by witches and wizards
-you can use the Quidditch rules featured here at HOL
-you can use the Quidditch rules from the game known as "Muggle Quidditch" (the Wikipedia summary, along with an alternative name for the game, is found [url=https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quidditch ... ife_sport)]HERE/url])
-you can use Quidditch rules from a different online community (I myself am very familiar with several sets of such rules)
-you can make up Quidditch rules if you feel that suits you better
As long as what you end up with is at least 150 words and is centered on the Quaffle portion of a Quidditch match, it will get full credit!
Jessica Barnes wrote: Wed Sep 13, 2023 6:22 pm So I'm working on Assignment 3 "Quaffle Play" and I am having a hard time understand the writing for extra credit. Is anyone else taking that course and can help me? Thank you
Hockey is life!

Return to “General Class Discussions”