Submit to the Latest Issue! (Deadline: 31st March)

Moderators: Prof. Maxim Trevelyan, Newspaper Editors, Prefects

Prof. Sky Alton
Twigger 90

Submit to the Latest Issue! (Deadline: 31st March)

Post by Prof. Sky Alton »

Welcome to HOL's very own newspaper, The HOwLer!

The theme for our upcoming issue is: Little Kindnesses
Deadline for submissions: 11:59 PM HOL time on the 31st of March, 2023

So do you have an idea for an article, or maybe even a column? Perhaps you've got a concept for the perfect ad. Or maybe you are just itching to flex your creative muscles with a spot of writing or by creating a work of art. Well, you are in the right place!

Our theme is ‘Little Kindnesses’, so we’re hoping to hear all about the small ways people can make the world a better place. Remember that regular articles and submissions don’t need to fit the theme, though it’s great if they do!

Approval
All ideas for informative articles, Wizarding World News, opinion pieces, ads and puzzles must be approved before they are submitted.

If what you want to write needs to be approved, all you have to do is post your idea(s) below and wait for one of the Howler's editors to approve it. It will then be added to the list below. Please be patient though. We will get to you as quickly as possible, but it may sometimes take a while.

Idea Bank
If you don't have any ideas, we have curated an Idea Bank where you can go to find ideas for articles and ads. Please remember that even idea bank ideas have to be presented here for approval though (so we don't suddenly have ten articles on the same topic!).

Creative Showcase
For our creative showcase, we invite you to submit artwork or creative writing that fits the theme somehow. You don’t need to get these ideas approved - you can just start working on them.
For every issue, we give you a prompt to help spark your imagination. You don't need to use it, it's just there to help with inspiration. For this issue, that prompt is: "depict how a tiny act of kindness can have a huge impact.” (you can use this as the starting point for a story or the inspiration for an artwork)

Requirements and Submitting
For more information and guidelines on our various sections, what types of submissions you might submit and what the requirements for each one are, please read through the overview thread and then head over to the Guidelines section to learn more.
These guidelines have been updated for the 2022/2023 school year:
1. you may now submit up to 30 points worth of graphics, but only 2 of those can be puzzles.
2. The Creative Contest has been retired and replaced with a simple creative prompt (found above)

Once your idea has been approved, you can send your submission through this form.

We are very excited to hear from you all!

Approved Ideas

Articles
Biography on Andrew Lloyd Webber (Lex Green)
Holidays in February and March celebrated around the world + graphic (Janne Halla)
The role of kindness in fairy-tales + graphic (Janne Halla)
Wizarding World
Report of a Fundraising Bake Sale at Hogwarts (Katherine Laurier)
Puzzles
Wordsearch (Lex Green)
Sudoku (Lex Green)
Fallen Letters (Silvana Mandeville)
Hashi (Janne Halla)
Letter Tiles (Janne Halla)

Ads
Gift baskets from Honeydukes (Silvana Mandeville)
Write for the Howler (Katherine Laurier)
"Growing up doesn't have to mean I lose the cape, the faith, the dream. I'm so done with that... I'm taking it back."
(Av/sig by S. Elf)
Lex Green
No broom

Re: Submit to the Latest Issue! (Deadline: 31st March)

Post by Lex Green »

Can I submit a sudoku puzzle, a wordsearch puzzle, and a biography on Andrew Lloyd Webber?
A huge thank you to my secret elf for the sig!
Prof. Maxim Trevelyan
Nimbus 1000

Post by Prof. Maxim Trevelyan »

Lex Green wrote: Sat Feb 11, 2023 11:57 am Can I submit a sudoku puzzle, a wordsearch puzzle, and a biography on Andrew Lloyd Webber?
Approved, Lex! ^_^
...also a platonic soulmate and a hot mess of a human being.
Silvana Mandeville
Silver Arrow

Post by Silvana Mandeville »

Can I have Gift baskets from Honeydukes Ad and Fallen Letters Puzzle?
Aurelia West
Cleansweep One

Post by Aurelia West »

Silvana Mandeville wrote: Sun Feb 12, 2023 4:07 am Can I have Gift baskets from Honeydukes Ad and Fallen Letters Puzzle?
That’s approved, Silvana!
Janne Halla
Oakshaft 79

Post by Janne Halla »

Hello!

I'd like to make the following, if that's okay.

Other holidays in February and March celebrated around the world + graphic
The role of kindness in fairy-tales + graphic
Hashi
Letter Tiles
Prof. Sky Alton
Twigger 90

Janne Halla wrote: Mon Feb 13, 2023 9:35 am Hello!

I'd like to make the following, if that's okay.

Other holidays in February and March celebrated around the world + graphic
The role of kindness in fairy-tales + graphic
Hashi
Letter Tiles
All approved, Janne. :D
"Growing up doesn't have to mean I lose the cape, the faith, the dream. I'm so done with that... I'm taking it back."
(Av/sig by S. Elf)
Katherine Laurier
No broom

Post by Katherine Laurier »

May I submit a Write for the Howler ad and a report from a bake sale at Hogwarts to raise money for St. Mungo’s?
Prof. Sky Alton
Twigger 90

Katherine Laurier wrote: Sun Feb 26, 2023 3:56 am May I submit a Write for the Howler ad and a report from a bake sale at Hogwarts to raise money for St. Mungo’s?
Hi Katherine, absolutely, that's approved. :)
(Av/sig by S. Elf)
Prof. Sky Alton
Twigger 90

Remember you have just under a week to pitch in and help us make this an amazing issue! There's still time to get something approved (and if you decide to submit something creative, you don't even need to wait for approval - just send it along!).

We can't wait to see what you can come up with. :D
(Av/sig by S. Elf)

Return to “The Howler”