What's the Latest Movie You've Watched?

Discuss Movies in This Forum

Moderator: Prefects

Shiloh Adlar
Cleansweep One

What's the Latest Movie You've Watched?

Post by Shiloh Adlar »

I just got done watching Inside Out tonight, and I must admit, although a little odd at times, it definitely makes my list of favorite animated films. I related to it personally, and I found it to be very inspiring. These are always my favorite types of movies, the ones that make me feel or think strongly on a certain topic. It made me re-think a lot of things going on right now and that maybe they're not as bad as they seem. I just have to let go of the things I can't change and find joy in those things that I still can.

So what's the latest movie you watched that rang some sort of bell within you and for what reason? Did it inspire you? Did it make you think? Maybe it made you laugh really hard on a day that you needed it, or maybe it was just a good film that you want to recommend. Let us know!

Shiloh Adlar, Seventh Year
"Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world." -Voltaire

Tags:
Prof. Gustavo Flores
Silver Arrow

Re: What's the Latest Movie You've Watched?

Post by Prof. Gustavo Flores »

I have to agree with you Shiloh. "Inside Out" is also the last movie I watched. It was like two weeks ago when we went with our students as part of the Summer Activities, and I really loved it! It made me laugh, it made cry, and it made me reflect about certain topics.

I think the most interesting character is Sadness. You hate her at first but by the end you realize how important and wise she actually is. And I don't know you, but I think most people, after wacthing the movie, keep wondering which is the emotion that rules them the most, or which are the "Personality Islands" they have inside them! :P
Maxwell Shadow
Cleansweep One

Post by Maxwell Shadow »

The last film I watched was Indian Jones and the Temple of Doom because my other half decided to watch it on Sunday night. If I'd seen this thread before then I would have said Mr Holmes which I went to the cinema to see on Friday evening. It's the story of an elderly Sherlock Holmes (played by Sir Ian McKellan) who is losing his memory and is trying to remember the last case he worked on before exiling himself to the country to look after bees. It's a wonderful story with a few twists along the way and I'd definitely recommend it. It's not flashy and exciting, it's just a really well constructed story.
Slytherin forever
Prof. Arielle Lemoyne
Silver Arrow

Post by Prof. Arielle Lemoyne »

I'd really like to see Inside Out - I've heard a lot of good things about it, and I'm glad to read two more recommendations! I think I'll put it on the top of my list :)

The last movie I watched was Blackfish...I've been meaning to watch it for awhile and it was just as sad as I had expected. It was tough to watch really. I learned a lot about whales for sure, and it makes you think about how many other animals might have similar complex lives, social structures, feelings...that we don't even realize because they're not humans.

Other than that hmm...I think since the summer started, the only other I've watched is The Duchess, because my mom was here and it was the only one of my suggestions she liked. It's also very harsh...Basically, it's 18th century england, Kiera knightly has an arranged marriage with lord voldemort, who turns out to be super awful. She falls in love with someone else, but voldemort has a lot of power and won't let her go even though he doesn't love her. She has to choose between having happiness with the good guy but basically being outcast from society, or being miserable with voldemort but still having power and making sure the good guy has a good future. So I guess it sort of makes you think about what's most important in life?

I need a recommendation for a good comedy or something haha.
Cody Lewis
Cleansweep One

Post by Cody Lewis »

I watched Angels in the Outfield last night with my two favorite people: Prof. Scarlet Leslie-Lewis and Prof. Opal Curare! It was fun times.

The missus will probably make me take her to go see Inside Out. I hope it's not as heavy as some of you are making it out to be, I really don't want to cry in public.
Shiloh Adlar
Cleansweep One

Post by Shiloh Adlar »

Some of the other movies you all mentioned sound really great!

Cody, Inside Out is still a family/children's movie, so it's not heavy per se, but I would say it's relatable to most everyone. It deals a lot with change and what could go on inside a person as these changes occur. It uses fun characters to describe our different emotions such as Anger, Joy, Sadness, Fear, and Disgust and shows how they work together or don't work together so well and what happens if one emotion ends up ruling over the rest. I do think you'll enjoy it, and I definitely hope you and Scarlet get to see it.
Shiloh Adlar, Seventh Year
"Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world." -Voltaire
Cody Lewis
Cleansweep One

Post by Cody Lewis »

Okay, I'm back with an update on Inside Out! I went to see it with Scarlet this past weekend. I wasn't too impressed by it, but I might just have high expectations for Pixar movies. It was at least worth the price of admission (which is crazy cheap at 11:30 am, just saying) and I really liked the voice acting. Amy Poehler was perfect for Joy and Phyllis Smith (had to look her name up...) was a perfect Sadness.

My absolute favorite part of the movie was Lava, the short at the beginning of the film. Easily my favorite one from Pixar, it was really beautiful!
Allyson Celestra
No broom

Post by Allyson Celestra »

I also watched Inside Out recently and I absolutely adored it. It's easily one of my favorite movies. I can agree with Cody that Lava in the beginning was absolutely adorable and gave me all the feels. I especially liked how in Inside Out, it shows perspective as to how there are good and bad to every moment in your life. I got the message from the movie that everyone tries to live their life without sadness, but sadness is something you need in order to really understand what it means to be happy and joyful. I think Inside Out gave a little peak into the mind of a person when they struggle with depression as well. As well as show how drastically change can affect us especially at a young age. I loved how it showed that our memories are processed into long term while we are sleeping and how certain events in our life can really shape who we are today. I just loved the movie so much as like Prof. Gustavo said, I started wondering about what my own little personality islands are!

On another note, did anyone ever wonder why Riley had both male and female emotions while her mom had all female and her dad had all male?
Austin Ollivander Black
No broom

Post by Austin Ollivander Black »

It's not new but saw inkheart for the first time the other night I really liked it.
Image RQT 2017/18
Marie Dark
Oakshaft 79

Post by Marie Dark »

Awe..... I haven't seen "Inside Out".... now I need to rent it... lol And I also need to see "Mr. Holmes".... and I love Harrison Ford in "Indiana Jones".... (dreamily sighs...) :wub:

Oh , Right! .... my last movie was "King Kong, Skull Island".... and I enjoyed the effects and the movie follows the Original Comic book story when Kong was Created so it was good... :D
Resyarrina Elora
No broom

Post by Resyarrina Elora »

I watched Inside Out and that is so touching, i bawled my eyes out when Riley crying.

The latest movie I watched is Jumanji : Welcome to the Jungle.
I like the comedy and I quite surprised that i found the characters so refreshing and relatable.
It's kind of different feeling with the first Jumanji, but it's quite cool and you can have a good laugh. ^_^
Prof. Scarlet Leslie-Lewis
Nimbus 1500

Post by Prof. Scarlet Leslie-Lewis »

Last night, I watched Ready Player One! (One of the perks of an unconventional work schedule is weeknight movie dates.) Even after watching the trailers, I wasn't sure what to expect going into the movie and that turned out to be a good way to approach this movie.

Cody and I read the book earlier this month, but the movie definitely deviated from the book. The essence, characters, and the general plot of the book were there, but the details changed. The challenges were different, but it worked. It made it feel like you were actually going through the hunt for the Easter egg along with the gunters rather than knowing exactly what was going to happen. (I would've preferred a more comedic movie challenge, though.)

Ready Player One is marketed as an action/adventure film and it delivers on that front. It was great visually and there were more than enough pop culture/video game references. The music selection was perfect for several scenes. Whether you've read the book or not, it is a movie everyone can enjoy!
Keani Orion
No broom

Post by Keani Orion »

The last movie I seen was Miss Congeniality. This is my favorite movie of all time. I am just like Michael Caine's character and been coaching pageant girls for almost ten years now. I love that the movie has all these inside jokes about pageantry and I remember watching it for the first time and being the only one in the theatre who laughed at all the jokes.
Alexander Barnes-Rogers
No broom

Post by Alexander Barnes-Rogers »

The last movie I watched was Flightplan. Where a woman and her daughter were heading to New York to bury her husband/father. When they go to sleep on the plane, and 3 hours later the woman wakes up, her daughter is missing. T
They search the whole plane and still can't find her. One of the passengers set a bomb on there and tell the Pilot that it was the woman's plan all along, but all she wants is her daughter. So they make an emergency landing and the woman finds out what the guy did, and eventually finds her daughter and blows the plane and the guy up. And finally when she de-boards the plane, everyone else finds out that she wasn't lying to them about her daughter. To fully understand the movie well you would have to watch for y'all selves.

If you haven't watched the movie
Prof. Alexander Brighton
Moontrimmer

Post by Prof. Alexander Brighton »

The last movie I watched was The Boy Who Would be King.

That was a really, really good movie. Great special effects and lots of action. I greatly recommend that movie to anyone who wants a movie that has both action and adventure.
Dexter York
No broom

Post by Dexter York »

Ralph Breaks the Internet

It was more funny than I expected, maybe because some aspects were true. :lol:
Iverian Gnash
Cleansweep One

Post by Iverian Gnash »

The last movie I saw was How to Train Your Dragon 3. I have this experience with sequels that the ones after the first are never that great. However, that was definitely not the case for this series. This final movie in the series was hilarious and full of action like the others were. With this series, the movies just kept getting better as they went. At the end of the movie, some family member were crying/near tears. To be honest, if I was a bit more emotional I would have been as well; it was super sad/upsetting at the end. But, ya, a great movie :lol:
Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible. - Dalai Lama
Evelyn Abbott
No broom

Post by Evelyn Abbott »

I just finished watching the Darkest Minds a few days ago, and it was a really good movie!
Annabella Grinaldi
No broom

Post by Annabella Grinaldi »

Just rewatched Avengers Infinity War on Netflix. Saw it when it came out and it for me was a dream. I am more of a DC fan than Marvel but in the movies Marvel delivers everything. Suspense, comedy and even a little romance. The fight scenes were down right epic and the storyline brought so many heroes out to play. The end of course was tragic and the beginning of the long goodbye as the old retires and the new takes over. If you love Marvel I cannot recommend it enough. Bring tissues.

Last thing I saw in theaters was Captain Marvel which on the same note delivered beautifully and the opening credits will make any fan sob. It is a tribute to Stan Lee and I wanna say it is beautiful. Gotta talk about the cat too what a terribly important and awesome cat.

Next thing on the agenda is Avengers Endgame. I hope I live. If I do I will share my thoughts.
Amy Jones
No broom

Post by Amy Jones »

The latest movies I've watched are Twlight: Eclipse. I'm fairly new to the twlight saga and I've been loving it ever since. Image

Return to “Movie Talk”