Zombie Movies

Discuss Movies in This Forum

Moderator: Prefects

Lucia Dinapoli
No broom

Zombie Movies

Post by Lucia Dinapoli »

Since it’s finally becoming spooky season I was wondering if anybody was like me and really loved Zombie Movies? If so, what is your favourite zombie film? If not, why are they not for you?

I feel I have exhausted the genre since it’s one of my favourites…I’d love to hear of any new ones I haven’t already seen! :P
Prof. Sindor Aloyarc
Comet 140

Re: Zombie Movies

Post by Prof. Sindor Aloyarc »

Haven’t seen either of these probably since they came out, but the ones coming to mind straight away that I remember enjoying are “Warm Bodies” (PG-13) and “Shaun of the Dead” (R). Neither of which are necessarily the most traditional of Zombie flicks, but they’d be up there on my list nonetheless! Both have their own kind of quirkiness in the realms of what constitutes a “Horror” movie, the former is also listed under the Romance genre, the latter included in Comedy.
Deputy Headmaster | Deputy Head of Ravenclaw
"⁠—Starry, starry night. Paint your palette blue & grey."
Prof. Tarma Amelia Black
Warp 10000

Post by Prof. Tarma Amelia Black »

I read the question and immediately thought of Pride and Prejudice and Zombies! I've not watched any zombie movies (and don't really intend to watch any ... :ph34r: ) but that movie tied in with a whole different theme.

Sky poked at me with her sword until I finally read the book Pride and Prejudice. I watched the movies, probably all of them ....

Somewhere in watching all the Pride and Prejudice movies, I saw Pride and Prejudice and Zombies. It's wonderful! I think it is #3 on the list of favorites. Hey, it's got Matt Smith as that terrible parson (William Colllins) ... and he makes him seem somewhat nifty!
*Avatar & Siggy by Cheeky XVIx!Cosmo* ... Siggy image by Susan Seddon Boulet *** Avatar from Leverage
"You have the inborn natural right to remain silent. Don't think about it, don't talk about it, shuush ....... STILL." ~ Xaris
Aurelia West
Cleansweep One

Post by Aurelia West »

I wouldn't say Zombie movies are my favorite; as a pre-teen I even found myself afraid of Zombieland which is primarily a funny film. I did really enjoy Warm Bodies like Sin mentioned. I thought it was a pretty cute movie and I liked the way it developed.

I think for the most part, I do better with zombie films when there is less gore and special effects. That is not to say I don't think said special effects are really cool, but I am particularly good at suspending my belief in reality when watching films and the effects really get to me, haha. I haven't watched The Walking Dead, though I know how much Lucia would appreciate it if I did, but I think I would really enjoy it since I'm a sucker for good world building. Shows and movies that discuss how the existence of zombies affects the world as we know it and the choices humans make is something that I get so invested in that the occasional gore or jump scare might be okay with me.
Lucia Dinapoli
No broom

Post by Lucia Dinapoli »

Oh Aur you really do know the key to my heart! I do believe you would adore the walking dead, the world building is incredible and their characters and each of their development is extraordinary…it’s hard not to love when you get going (although I must give you a fair warning, it doesn’t half tug at my heart strings. definitely have some tissues on hand in case of tears!)

I’m so happy Shaun of The Dead was mentioned too, it’s actually one of my all time favourite films. I love the corner to trilogy A LOT and Shaun of The Dead is so hilariously weird and wonderful it has to be in my top movies! Good choice Sindor!
Janne Halla
Oakshaft 79

Post by Janne Halla »

I really liked Train to Busan. I don't normally watch non-English movies (barring those in my mother tongue) as I find them too difficult to follow, but I really liked this one.

The setting of the train and how it gives off a feeling of claustrophobia and no possibility to really escape the zombies is a great plus to the usual vast landscapes and moving to a "safe" location that you see in other zombie movies.

I also enjoyed the development of the relationship between the father and the daughter and how you could see these people that all had their fair share of problems either overcoming them or succumbing to them.

Plus, I liked that it wasn't just a movie of mindless violence that so many of this genre are.

Return to “Movie Talk”