Favorite Concert Venues

Music Discussions Go Here

Moderator: Prefects

Aurelia West
Cleansweep One

Favorite Concert Venues

Post by Aurelia West »

I just got back into town from seeing a couple of epic concerts at Red Rocks Amphitheatre in Denver, Colorado and just had to gush about the experience. The outdoor venue is surrounded by red rocks (naturally) on both sides of the huge seating area and there is no small amount of stairs strewn about the place. Honestly, as someone not used to the elevation of Colorado, I felt like I was breathing way too heavily after scaling all the stairs! Behind the stage are some other rocks that come up just enough to cover the back of the stage. It was extremely beautiful each night to see the moon emerge from beyond the rocks and rise into the sky while surrounded by the music. Due to the location and its surroundings, the acoustics were fantastic and there really wasn't a bad seat in the house. The theatre tech nerd in me was also pleased with how they lit the rocks around the venue both during and after the show. Perfect for tourist-y photos, for sure!

I haven't been to many outside concert venues, but this one really stood out to me so I was wondering what other concert venues stand out to you? Do you prefer an inside or outside venue? A small and intimate space or a huge concert arena? Does it depend on who the artist is? Obviously a lot of things were affected by the pandemic as well, but I'd love to hear your thoughts.

Return to “Music Talk”