Who did you meet?

Music Discussions Go Here

Moderator: Prefects

Harry Walles
Oakshaft 79

Who did you meet?

Post by Harry Walles »

Have you ever met anyone famous? I have met Craig David ones but that's really it. Do you have a story about it?

Tags:
Anne-Marie Gagne

Re: Who did you meet?

Post by Anne-Marie Gagne »

I met Spencer Charnas, who is the lead singer for Ice Nine Kills twice. The second time I got a picture and the first time he signed my CD and my jeans (which was specifically for people to sign). The first time I met him was a sucky time though because the venue me and a couple friends went to for the concert was bad and there wasn't a barrier to stop people from being right up against the stage. I was bent over with my hands on the stage at one point because the shoving forward got so bad. Security had to help me get out.

He was great and talked to me for a bit and got a chair for me to sit on. Meeting Spencer was great. That venue was bad and I do not recommend anyone going to a music venue that is the basement under a bowling alley haha. It was too small and there were no safety precautions made at all. (Also the roof was super short as well like the bands had maaaybe two feet clearance over their heads when on stage.)
Emily Spencer
Comet 180

Post by Emily Spencer »

My mother actually worked with Harry Connick, Jr.'s uncle. Although I don't really know him, I did get the chance to meet Harry when I stopped at my mom's work one day and he just happened to be paying a visit to his uncle at the same time. We only exchanged a few pleasantries, but he was very nice and not at all like you would imagine someone famous to be. He even laughed when I told him that I had never seen Hope Floats.
“The question isn’t who’s going to let me; it’s who’s going to stop me.”
Head Student/Slytherin Prefect/Student Teacher/Library & Book Club Head
Skylar Peyton
No broom

Post by Skylar Peyton »

I'm not really the kind of person that gets out to concerts or places where there are really large crowds, but I did meet Piff the Magic Dragon. I love to watch AGT, so it was a big deal to see him. I was visiting Las Vegas with my aunt and we saw him while he was busy shooting a commercial at the time. After he was done, he came over and talked to us and we got pictures with him. We asked him where his little dog was and he said he was in his own dressing room.

I also met the Olate Dogs, another act from AGT that won in 2012.
Kat Montana
No broom

Post by Kat Montana »

I remember back in the early 2000's seeing a Drake Bell concert with my mom and she surprised me with the meet and greet.
Prof. Will Lestrange
Shooting Star

Post by Prof. Will Lestrange »

I'm going to claim the late Queen Elizabeth II here! Though I never actually talked to her, I was at a dedication ceremony where she pulled down the curtain to officially dedicate an educational building I had been studying for the past year.

I do remember seeing her have a conversation with Stephen Hawking (in the department I was studying in) and the all yellow outfit she was wearing. Now, did she remember *me*? Probably not!

Return to “Music Talk”