Led by Prof. Sirius Fudge

Moderator: Prof. Sirius Fudge

Prof. Sirius Fudge
Cleansweep One

Places and Magic Introduction

Post by Prof. Sirius Fudge »

Hello, everyone!

*passes some muffins and some glasses of pumpkin juice*

This is the thread where we introduce ourselves to the class. You can tell us your name, year, house, why you join this class and what you expect from it, what your favorite wizarding place is and why. You can also add more information about yourself.

Once again, I am Sirius, a newly minted professor though this is the fourth time I am teaching this class, Places and Magic. Several brilliant students have passed this course and I hope to see you as well in graduation. See you around!

Post Graduate | Huffle Staff | HQT | HOL Class of 2018
Skylar Peyton
No broom

Re: Places and Magic Introduction

Post by Skylar Peyton »

Hello everyone. My name is Skylar Peyton and I am a third year in the house of Hufflepuff. I joined this class because i thought it seemed interesting learning about all the different magical places outside of Hogwarts. i expect to learn as much as I can about these different magical places and magical communities that have been hidden for so long. My favorite wizarding place is Godric's Hallow. I think it's just because of the history of the place and what went down there with it being the birthplace of Godric Gryffindor and being the place that Voldemort attacked the Potters. It's the whole basis really of the story of Harry Potter, where it all started.
Ereshkigal Csintalan
No broom

Re: Places and Magic Introduction

Post by Ereshkigal Csintalan »

Hello, my name is Ereshkigal Csintalan and I’m a second-year Slytherin student here at HOL I joined this class as I have a fascination with maps, both old and new, as I like to see how areas have evolved over the years to become what they are today. Maps are another gateway to exploring the history of a place and that is a truly exciting prospect for me. I saw this class offers a number of assignments involving maps so I knew I had to sign up right away. Choosing a favourite wizarding place is a hard one as each one has its own charm. Looking at the options provided in the lesson, if I had to choose one from the UK, it might be a cop-out answer, but I’d say London. It’s such a diverse and multicultural place that magic could easily fit in without anyone suspecting a thing. There are so many people and the chances of crossing paths with the same strangers again are pretty slim so if they did see something magical, the Muggles may consider it street magic or a trick as that is what one comes to expect in places with thousands of tourists. Also, London has a long and interesting history both in the muggle and magical world so that would naturally draw me in compared to a place I’ve never heard of before.

(Note: The Forum was down when I wanted to post this several days ago so I included it in the email with the assignment but am posting it here too as that is what the instructions said to do)

Return to “Places and Magic”