How Many Books Do You Read Per Year

Non Harry Potter Book Discussion

Moderator: Prefects

Ariella McManus
Silver Arrow

Post by Ariella McManus »

I'm retired, so I get a lot of reading time. I've always loved to read and am a fairly fast reader so definitely 10+ books a year.
Ravenclaw Prefect/Head Student/Student Teacher/ar1107
“Do what I do. Hold tight and pretend it’s a plan!”

Tags:
Joanna Wester
No broom

Post by Joanna Wester »

I read like almost 9/month. I love reading, especially novels and technologies books. Novels bringing strong imagination to me. so If a year, well... alot._.
Last edited by Joanna Wester on Sun Oct 02, 2011 11:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
Aurelia West
Cleansweep One

Post by Aurelia West »

I read a lot I suppose but not at such a fast rate. I definitely read over 10 a year, but each month I read a slightly different amount than the month past. It depends on RL schedule most of the time so I cannot usually have much say. It also depends on if I find a book to read. Otherwise, I'll just read fanfiction <3
Last edited by Aurelia West on Thu May 05, 2016 7:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
Daphne Coady
No broom

Post by Daphne Coady »

I definitely read at least 10 a year. Usually 1 a month, but sometimes if it's a really long book I don't quite get to 1 a month, so that's why I'm saying 10 lol
Live a little! You can never be old and wise if you were never young and crazy. Daphne<3
Benjamin Fraser
No broom

Post by Benjamin Fraser »

It is hard to give a regular number because it differs depending on what is going on in my live at the moment. On average, I guess I read at least one book every week most of the time. It was easier when I was younger and did not have as many obligations and of course it also depends on the kind of book it is. Nowadays, I spend a lot of time every day getting to work and back by public transport, so that gives me some time to read as well.

I cannot even imagine what my life would be like without books. I probably would have died out of boredom by now.
It was, he thought, the difference between being dragged into the arena to face a battle to the death and walking into the arena with your head held high.
Some people, perhaps, would say that there was little to choose between the two ways, but Dumbledore knew -
and so do I, thought Harry, with a rush of fierce pride, and so did my parents - that there was all the difference in the world.
Ivelisse Ada
Oakshaft 79

Post by Ivelisse Ada »

I definitely agree with everyone who says it's kind of difficult to find the time between school, extracurriculars, etc >.>. Between school work, HOL, and the volunteering I do, reading has sadly been something I've done less and less. BUT, I definitely still read quite frequently. I would say I end up finishing a book in (give or take) a month, and I especially get a lot of reading done during the winter break >.>. I always have a small pile of books that I want to read, but every time I finally finish a book and can grab another one from the pile, a new one is added and it's neverending :P . Which is good of course, but never getting to the bottom of that pile feels a little unsatisfying :lol:
Thank you to Prof. Kyrie Adderholt!!
Morpheus Styx
No broom

Post by Morpheus Styx »

I read generally 20 or more books a year.
"I will protect you with my life, all of you." -Kakashi Hatake
Spencer Hogart
No broom

Post by Spencer Hogart »

I read at least 15 books a year but this year I think I've read 20 something books so far.
Through the trapped door!!
Siggy made by Matilde Rayne <3
Gail Allen
Cleansweep One

Re: How Many Books Do You Read Per Year

Post by Gail Allen »

Last year I managed 25 books. I've upped my own goal this year and I'm hoping for 30. I've just decided to start reading the outlander series, so there should be a good chance I'll reach my goal.
Kia Brushman
No broom

Post by Kia Brushman »

Hmm, it really depends, but I do read a lot, I'd say around 70-100! I often don't have time to read though, which makes me sad.
Elizabeth Mayes
No broom

Post by Elizabeth Mayes »

Wow! That's pretty impressive. I've never really kept track of how much reading I do. I think I read maybe 2-3 books a month so that would come out to about 24-36 a year.
"I was born with a reading list I will never finish." - Maud Casey

Ascended Warrior Vin by axt234
Vanessa Tilley
Silver Arrow

Post by Vanessa Tilley »

I am working on reading more books a year. I fell off the reading wagon more than I would like to admit. I have joined some reading challenges now to see if I can't read at least one book a week. So far so good!

Siggy and avatar made by the wonderful Professor Scarlet for Slythmas! :wub:
Hannah R Thomas
No broom

Post by Hannah R Thomas »

On average, I try to go for 100 books per year
Success just doesn't come and find you, you have to go get it yourself - Carmichael
Happiness can be found in the darkest of times if one remembers to turn on the light - Albus Dumbledore
Hanna Inari
No broom

Post by Hanna Inari »

I usually read a lot of fanfiction but I read almost no books. This year however, I've read 6 books in a month in my trip to the sea. Books are good when there's no internet :D
Robin Blackwood

Post by Robin Blackwood »

It were the times when I was reading much more, but now there is no time left for reading. So I am reading perhabs two weeks per week.
Shiloh Adlar
Cleansweep One

Post by Shiloh Adlar »

I used to be able to read upwards of 50 or more books a year, including the books I had to read for school otherwise I never would have gotten that high. I've always had a ridiculously busy schedule. Now, I'm lucky if I get 30. This year I've read nearly that, and I'm hoping to get to at least 40.
Shiloh Adlar, Seventh Year
"Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world." -Voltaire
Marie Dark
Oakshaft 79

Post by Marie Dark »

I guess I read at least 10 books a year..... some of those are re- Reading my favorite books. However, now that I'm on HOL, I may read more due to some book challenges on here..... I don't read fast..... I like to take my time
Scarlett Lacarnum
No broom

Post by Scarlett Lacarnum »

I try to a for 52 books per year, so one a week. Lately I have been surpassing that by 10-12 books. It would be nice to get through 100 in a year. Maybe 2018....
Prof. Amy Lupin
Shooting Star

Post by Prof. Amy Lupin »

I usually read upwards of 30 books a year. I've managed to surpass the 50 book mark at least twice in the last 5 years, and I just missed it in 2017 by 2 books. I generally try not to set reading goals for myself though (with the exception of the Book Club's Summer and Winter Reading Challenges), as every now and then I like to tackle slightly longer books.
Shadow Gaunt
Oakshaft 79

Post by Shadow Gaunt »

A few years ago I was able to find the time to read over 100 books a year, but now that number has dwindled down to a mere 40-50 a year.
Shadow Gaunt
"In this world nothing can be said to be certain, except death and taxes."-Benjamin Franklin

Return to “Book Talk”