What are you currently reading?

Non Harry Potter Book Discussion

Moderator: Prefects

Alexandra Starling
No broom

Re: What are you currently reading?

Post by Alexandra Starling »

I'm currently almost done reading The Fellowship of The Rings by JRR Tolkien, though I'm afraid to say that my progress has been painfully slow. My last read was It by Stephen King, and I loved that one!

Tags:
Violetta Bitterwood
No broom

Post by Violetta Bitterwood »

At the moment, I'm engrossed in Fyodor Dostoevsky's 'Crime and Punishment' and Osamu Dazai's 'No Longer Human'.
Lucy Lovelace
No broom

Post by Lucy Lovelace »

I am reading Icebreaker by Hannah Grace. I'm not far in but I recommend so far :)
Emma Ferrars
No broom

Post by Emma Ferrars »

I am currently reading "the book thief" by Marcus Zusak. It is about a young girl in World War 2 and about her life. It seems really good so far.
Tinnie Jamison
No broom

Post by Tinnie Jamison »

Currently I am reading The Octunnumi, I was interested in the idea of reading a book that is a complete mystery to the reader since it does not have any sort of summary. No spoilers but i like it so far, i got the second book and it has a bunch of add-ons like letters.
Aletheia Aves
No broom

Post by Aletheia Aves »

I am reading Romeo and Juliet for school right now.
Adrienne Black
No broom

Post by Adrienne Black »

I’m currently reading a bunch of books, I like reading a few at a time. I’m reading a collection of poetry book from Oscar Wilde and I’m reading The less dead by Denise Mina.
Rory Cohen
No broom

Post by Rory Cohen »

Right now I'm reading The Brothers Karamazov by Fyodor Dostoevsky. So far, It has been really interesting to look back on the time period it was written, as well as the psychology of the characters. I would definitely recommend it, as it's really interesting! It's around a thousand pages, so keep that in mind if you decide to read it!
Cal Youth
No broom

Post by Cal Youth »

The book that I am currently reading is A Twisted Tale Anthology. This is such a beautiful book as it gives multiple different stories, and they are all Disney what if tales. I love Disney and therefore reading all these different stories is so interesting and it is turning into one of my favorite books.
Anastasia Olsen
No broom

Post by Anastasia Olsen »

I recently finished the first book to the Unwind series by Neil Sushterman, and I am currently reading the second book, UnWholly. There is a twist though, just like any other bookworm I am reading more than one book at once. I recently saw the new Hunger Games movie, The Ballad of Songbirds and Snakes, so I decided to re-read the book. Plus, I am reading a self help book called Mixtape, by Kate Garnes. It's about shutting out the words from your past; it's pretty cool.

I really recommend all of these books to anyone, especially the people who prefer the dystopian genre. Although I do think you should read the Hunger Games Trilogy before diving into The Ballad of Songbirds and Snakes because it gives you an idea about what you're getting into. Both the Unwind series and The Hunger Games are crazy, and definitely not for everyone!
February Fortescue
Cleansweep One

Post by February Fortescue »

I'm currently reading The Good Neighbor: The Life and Work of Fred Rogers by Maxwell King. Fred Rogers has a television series on PBS for many years called Mr. Rogers Neighborhood. He genuinely loved children, and this show was devoted to helping them understand difficult issues such as divorce and anger. In one of my favorite episodes, he invited Margaret Hamilton on. You remember her - for the Wizard of Oz? She played the Wicked Witch. On his show, she explained how she was only playing a character. It was great!

Fred Rogers wasn't perfect - he did have a temper - but he really was an kind an compassionate as he appears to be on television. There are no hidden skeletons in his closet. That's so refreshing! So if you want a good read about a great man who is every bit as kind and compassionate as he appears, this book is for you.
superb sig by Prof. Sindor Aloyarc
No matter where you go, there you are.
Caius Magnusson
No broom

Post by Caius Magnusson »

I've been reading the Atlantis Grail book series and it definitely does not disappoint! I must admit I am drawn to books that have tests and challenges because of my very type of personality, and that series has quite a few interesting tasks.

I still have to read the last book, but I might save it for later because Iron Flame (from The Fourth Wing series) is also in my list.
Florence Contelli
No broom

Post by Florence Contelli »

Now I'm reading "The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe". It's about 4 siblings who find another word in an old wardrobe called Narnia and go on adventures. It's actually a re-read for me, because I can't remember what in the book was. I really like the humour of the book and it's very cute.

Return to “Book Talk”