What are you currently reading?

Non Harry Potter Book Discussion

Moderator: Prefects

Corin Balor
No broom

Re: What are you currently reading?

Post by Corin Balor »

I just started reading Animal Farm by George Orwell.

I really like the cover of the version I got and that's the main reason I chose it. :wacko:

I'm not very far in yet. I'm still on the first chapter, but I like it so far!

Tags:
Athlarien Eirlys
No broom

Post by Athlarien Eirlys »

I just finished re-reading the Harry Potter potter series and will continue to reread Percy Jackson's series!!
Moony Lupin
No broom

Post by Moony Lupin »

I’m currently reading ‘The Wicked King’. It’s the second book in a fantasy series, and I really enjoyed the first book! I’m not that far yet, but I already like it.
Prof. Sindor Aloyarc
Comet 140

Post by Prof. Sindor Aloyarc »

Been getting back into my childhood love for Roald Dahl. One of my all time favorite authors, I’ve recently acquired new versions of audiobooks (than the ones I grew up with) of my top choices: “Matilda” and “The Witches.” Next will probably be another fave, “The BFG,” and the list goes on.
Deputy Headmaster | Deputy Head of Ravenclaw
"⁠—Starry, starry night. Paint your palette blue & grey."
Kat Montana
No broom

Post by Kat Montana »

Right now, I'm reading a self help type book called "How to becoem an Adult in 536 easy-ish Steps."
Music McFarlin
No broom

Post by Music McFarlin »

I am currently in the middle of 3 books. Its kind of an understatement to say I'm a bookworm. I'm finished the newest installment in Keeper of The Lost Cities book 9 Stellarlune, Out of My Mind, and the Wolfs Howl.
Teresa Beefers
No broom

Post by Teresa Beefers »

I am currently rereading the Harry Potter series, but illustrated.
Sarah Hart
No broom

Post by Sarah Hart »

umm i keep reading the first book of harry potter over and over
Amy Smith
Oakshaft 79

Post by Amy Smith »

I'm currently reading the second book, in the shatter me series by Tahereh Mafi and its quite interesting.
Romilda Moody
No broom

Post by Romilda Moody »

I'm currently reading A Little Life by Hanya Yanagihara! I had been putting off reading this for two years because I've heard it's sad (might be an understatement -- check trigger warnings if you're planning on reading it!), but I finally got around to starting it.
Violet Gray
No broom

Post by Violet Gray »

I think a week ago I finished Percy Jackson Part 2 so now I am going to read part 3!! Also im so excited that there is gonna be a serie made of it!
Kenz Eternal
No broom

Post by Kenz Eternal »

Currently reading: King of Pride, by Ana Huang.
Audum Marie
No broom

Post by Audum Marie »

The coworker by freida mcfadden

If anyone is interested heres the description.
Dawn Schiff is strange. At least, everyone thinks so at Vixed, the nutritional supplement company where Dawn works as an accountant. She never says the right thing. She has no friends. And she is always at her desk at precisely 8:45 a.m.

So when Dawn doesn't show up to the office one morning, her coworker Natalie Farrell—beautiful, popular, top sales rep five years running—is surprised. Then she receives an unsettling, anonymous phone call that changes everything…

It turns out Dawn wasn't just an awkward outsider—she was being targeted by someone close. And now Natalie is irrevocably tied to Dawn as she finds herself caught in a twisted game of cat and mouse that leaves her wondering: who's the real victim?<

But one thing is incredibly clear: somebody hated Dawn Schiff. Enough to kill.
Silvana Mandeville
Silver Arrow

Post by Silvana Mandeville »

I'm currently reading The Miracles of the Namiya General Store by Keigo Higashino.
Maeve Madden
No broom

Post by Maeve Madden »

I'm currently reading The Dragon Republic by R.F Kuang (book 2 in The Poppy War series). I absolutely loved The Poppy War. It was beautifully written and even though it was intensely sad (please check trigger warnings before reading it), I loved the characters, the world, and the story. So far, book 2 is just as good as the first!
Dimitra Roberts
No broom

Post by Dimitra Roberts »

Four days ago I bought "The song of Achilles" by Madeline Miller and I started reading it as soon as I came home with it. I've read mixed reviews about this specific book. It seems that people either love it or hate it. For this time being, I love it and I'm so interested in it.
Fun Fact! I am Greek and we were taught in school about Greek Mythology and it makes me really happy when I recognize the names of the characters I'm reading about in the book!
Violet Greenwood
No broom

Post by Violet Greenwood »

I'm currently reading The Poppy War by R.F. Kuang. I'm only a few chapters in but i like it already!
Cole Pear
No broom

Post by Cole Pear »

I am currently reading The Goldfinch by Donna Tartt!!! :D
Adeline Morior
Oakshaft 79

Post by Adeline Morior »

I am currently reading The Tao of Pooh and the Te of Piglet - by Benjamin Hoff. I am quite enjoying it. It has been such a lovely book so far. I highly recommend it.

"Of course it is happening inside your head, Harry, but why on earth should that mean it is not real?" - Albus Dumbledore
Amaris Mckee
No broom

Post by Amaris Mckee »

I started reading The Hunger Games some weeks ago, but I read the first one and I'm waiting for the second one to arrive (I had to order it online) so while, I'm reading "Where the trees sing".
It's an amazing adventure book with a bit of romance and I think that the message it conveys is beautiful. Viana is the main character, but my favorites ones are Wolf and Uri. I love this book.

Return to “Book Talk”