Book Fair/Book Sales

Non Harry Potter Book Discussion

Moderator: Prefects

Prof. Rorey Padfoot
Cleansweep Three

Book Fair/Book Sales

Post by Prof. Rorey Padfoot »

Our local library is doing it's biannual book sale this week and it got me thinking, who else loves going to these? The books at my sale were anywhere from $0.50 to $1 each and such a huge selection, and not just out of date books. We also have a book fair that goes on for about six weeks, then closes for a month to restock before reopening again. These are new books, but they have been over printed, so they are sold at a discounted price. We have gotten such good deals at these places.
~Prof. Rorey Padfoot~*~Ravenclaw~
Prof. Sky Alton
Twigger 90

Re: Book Fair/Book Sales

Post by Prof. Sky Alton »

We used to have a book fair every year at primary school. I loved it because the main hall looked so different when it was full of tables and tables of new, shiny books. My parents always told me I could only buy books with plenty of words in them (by which they meant actual stories I'd enjoy reading) because I was very prone to buying things just because they had cute dogs or ponies on the cover. I think they also had a vested interest because they had to read all the print books I bought aloud to me so they didn't want anything too boring. I remember it was during the rainbow fairy craze of the early 2000s. ;)

Nowadays I don't buy print books for myself (as kindle and audio books are infinitely more accessible) but I still love to browse at bookish events or in book shops just because of the ambience. Even though I can't read the books themselves I still love the feel and smell of them and just being in a place that's full of other people who totally understand my excitement. Also, I can always buy gifts for other people if a book is just too beautiful to pass up.
"Growing up doesn't have to mean I lose the cape, the faith, the dream. I'm so done with that... I'm taking it back."
(Av/sig by S. Elf)
Viviana Kingston
No broom

Re: Book Fair/Book Sales

Post by Viviana Kingston »

Speaking of book sales
There are indie authors offering their book from free to up to 99c/99p, it's valid up to the 4th December on Amazon though a fair warning, there aren't explicitly stated age restrictions, but you can filter what you're looking for on the website. Link is included below so you can browse and perhaps pick up some free books! Some of my friends have gotten some pretty cool books to binge so I thought I'd share this with you guys too!!
https://indievisibleevents.com/books
- Viviana Kingston
Carpe Librum
Even strength must bow to wisdom sometimes.
signature created by Katherine Laurier

Return to “Book Talk”