The Ickabog

Non Harry Potter Book Discussion

Moderator: Prefects

Prof. Sindor Aloyarc
Comet 140

The Ickabog

Post by Prof. Sindor Aloyarc »

I started reading “The Ickabog” by J.K. Rowling just after it came out and didn’t fully finish (or frankly “get all that into”) it until about a month or so ago when I finally listened to Stephan Fry’s narration all the way through.

Truth be told, I barely even got that far into “The Casual Vacancy” back then, and never went back for a second go. Might get around to it now some time has gone by (fresh perspective and that sorta thing) but I feel like for a community filled with fans of the “Harry Potter” series there hasn’t been an excess of discussion here about this more recent addition to Jo’s collection. {Almost embarrassed to say I didn’t even realize it was a thing until it was basically on the shelves. :lol:}

Interested to know what your thoughts are!

Admittedly I was a bit more distracted over my first pass by, but now that I’ve come to pay a bit more attention —and, oh yeah, actually make it through the thing— my opinion has emphatically changed. While I can still ABSOLUTELY understand where it wouldn’t be for everyone, I’ve realized that I had previously been somewhat distracted from the core of the book, and really enjoyed the the messages upon revisiting.

What has your experience been?? <3
Deputy Headmaster | Deputy Head of Ravenclaw
"⁠—Starry, starry night. Paint your palette blue & grey."

Tags:

Return to “Book Talk”