Questions?

Class led by Kim Alting

Moderator: Kim Alting

Prof. Hailey Potter
Silver Arrow

Post by Prof. Hailey Potter »

Please ask any questions or concerns you may have here. I will do my best to answer as soon as I can here!

If your question is a sensitive one, please PM me.
Last edited by Prof. Hailey Potter on Sun Aug 31, 2014 3:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
Gryffindor Professor|HOL 101, An Introduction to Divination, and Advanced Divination
Spice Squad Captain|Paw Print EiC|Lions' Pride
Sofia Karras
No broom

Re: Questions?

Post by Sofia Karras »

Hello,
I'm really confused. Has the Spring term started yet? It says I've been accepted into the class but the due date for two of the assignments is over a month ago. What should I do? Sorry if this is a little annoying, I just don't really know what's going on :unsure:
Kathren Johnsun
No broom

Post by Kathren Johnsun »

Do you want us to just introduce ourselves in the forum for the Fall class or wait for a Spring class introduction thread?
Vivian Black
No broom

Post by Vivian Black »

Hello,

I have a quick question. Whenever I click on the link that's supposed to take me to the signature rules it just takes me to the main page of the forum. Am I missing something?

-Vivian Black
Prof. Hailey Potter
Silver Arrow

Post by Prof. Hailey Potter »

Sofia - I hadn't updated the dates for the class yet. My RL job has kind of taken a lot of work lately. With all the snow days we've been getting, I spend them working and then go back to spend more time getting caught up with stuff that comes up after coming back. I worked on Divination a few days ago and will update HOL 101 today. The dates will be updated for the end of this term - June 15th.

Kathren - I usually do not create a new thread. You can post in the one already up! I wish I could change the title of the Introduction thread, but I can't figure out to do it on this forum. >____>

Vivian - The signature rules must have been moved, or it might have been due to the new update on the forum. I will look into it and try to fix the link today. ^_^
Gryffindor Professor|HOL 101, An Introduction to Divination, and Advanced Divination
Spice Squad Captain|Paw Print EiC|Lions' Pride
Jennet Jones
No broom

Post by Jennet Jones »

The class website isn't working for me anymore. I can reach the homepage, but the buttons at the top do nothing. I can't reach the lessons or the assignments. The website worked for me a couple weeks ago. I have tested this in Opera and in Internet Explorer. Help!

Update: I can find the lessons and stuff by viewing the source HTML directly, so it's not blocking me anymore.
Ainsley Royce
No broom

Post by Ainsley Royce »

I do have a question regarding homework in general. Do we ever find out what score we got on our assignments? And also do we ever see which answers we got wrong (if there are any)? I know that we can see if it has been graded in the "Graded HW" section, but I wanted to know if we find out the specifics of our assignments.Thank you!
Kim Alting
Cleansweep One

Post by Kim Alting »

Hi Ainsley,

We will reply to your homework assignments per email, telling you how many points you earned and what was wrong (if anything).

:)
Kia Brushman
No broom

Post by Kia Brushman »

Hi!

So on the class page, I saw a little thing that said "Do not begin your homework until February 1st." Does this apply to people who signed up for this class in the fall term?

Thanks -

Kia
Kim Alting
Cleansweep One

Post by Kim Alting »

Hey Kia,

This was indeed for last term. Thanks for the reminder.
You can definitely start with your homework :D
Blue Ebon
No broom

Leaving comments

Post by Blue Ebon »

I can't find how to leave comments in the library and art department.
Blue Ebon
No broom

Re: griffindor

Post by Blue Ebon »

I can't get into Griffindor either.
Katya Snow
No broom

Post by Katya Snow »

Hi Professor!

I was just wondering, for EC1, does the 'Getting into Harry Potter' Post in the Library count as a forum post?
Kim Alting
Cleansweep One

Post by Kim Alting »

Hi Katya,

Unfortunately not, since that is not the forum. The HOL Forum is where we are now. And the 'Getting Into Harry Potter' is on the main website :)
Katya Snow
No broom

Post by Katya Snow »

Kim Alting wrote:Hi Katya,

Unfortunately not, since that is not the forum. The HOL Forum is where we are now. And the 'Getting Into Harry Potter' is on the main website :)
okay! Thanks! ^^
Samuel Reed
No broom

Post by Samuel Reed »

I have a question, when are the points that we earn in this class add to our profile?
Kim Alting
Cleansweep One

Post by Kim Alting »

Samuel Reed wrote:I have a question, when are the points that we earn in this class add to our profile?
I try to add points as soon as I grade assignments. Professors and student teachers are allowed to add points up till the last day of the term, but I always try to add points on a montly base. I just graded yours and added points :)

Return to “HOL 101”