September Prompt: New Beginnings

Moderators: Arianna Stonewater, Prof. Will Lestrange

Prof. Will Lestrange
Shooting Star

September Prompt: New Beginnings

Post by Prof. Will Lestrange »

As August turns to September, it is time for a new school year to begin. For some of us, it is our first time sitting at the professors' table for the start-of-year feast; for others, it may still be the beginning or the end of something new. Your task this month is to write at least 75 words about some type of beginning. The twist is as follows: in honor of September, which is the ninth month of the year - and whose name has exactly nine letters - at least one word in each sentence must also have exactly nine letters... and you must use a different nine-letter word for each sentence!

The deadline is September 30 at 11:59 PM HOL; completing this prompt will earn you 25 hoots. (Partial credit will be given in the form of 1 hoot for every 3 words up to 75.)
Emily Spencer
Comet 180

Re: September Prompt: New Beginnings

Post by Emily Spencer »

It is with much eagerness that I begin this new school year. Not only am I a brand new Prefect, but also the latest moderator of the Book Club. It would be a falsehood to say that I wasn't a little bit nervous about it all. Already, it's proving to be a lot more work than last term when I was just a student, but I think I am up for the challenge. So when I can calm the butterflies in my stomach, I am generally quite excited to see what the future holds for me here. (97 words)
“The question isn’t who’s going to let me; it’s who’s going to stop me.”
Head Student/Slytherin Prefect/Student Teacher/Library & Book Club Head
Prof. Tarma Amelia Black
Warp 10000

Post by Prof. Tarma Amelia Black »

Autumn has started already, with an abundance of leaves falling from trees and bushes. Colours are changing, too, to include bright reds and golds amongst the leaves in the shrubbery. The sun comes up later and later in the morning, allowing for sleeping in (if that time is available) while the dark comes, not at 10 pm but closer now to 8 in the evening. As for temperature, oddly enough it remains about the same it's been all summer long (ie mostly in the 60s with forays into the 70s), but there seems to be a hint of winter briskness alluded to in the breeze in early morning hours.
*Avatar & Siggy by Cheeky XVIx!Cosmo* ... Siggy image by Susan Seddon Boulet *** Avatar from Leverage
"You have the inborn natural right to remain silent. Don't think about it, don't talk about it, shuush ....... STILL." ~ Xaris
Prof. Sindor Aloyarc
Comet 140

Post by Prof. Sindor Aloyarc »

This year has been nothing but new beginnings in my life, from moving into a new home in January, to acquiring a new Job and having my Dad move in with us in March. In between these two sets of changes, I returned to HOL for my first semester back to classes since I graduated from my Seventh Year 12 years prior. Now we’re in September, and I find this adventure presenting me with another couple of starting points. One being my promotion to Professor within the house of Ravenclaw and the beginning of a new class to teach. The second being that the Early Childhood Education center I am a Teacher Assistant at now finally reopened on the 1st after months of virtually onboarding me since my first official day in May, so I am directly working with a group of 3-4yo children who are meeting me for the first time. If there’s anything I’ve felt from this year of 2020, in a single word it would appropriately be “Clarified,” and we’re only two-thirds of the way through to the final vision!
Deputy Headmaster | Deputy Head of Ravenclaw
"⁠—Starry, starry night. Paint your palette blue & grey."
Prof. Will Lestrange
Shooting Star

Post by Prof. Will Lestrange »

Everyone has earned full HOOTs for their story!

Return to “Writing Under Constraint”